• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Totally confused about the email I got

L

Lursa101

<font color="blue"> Ok here goes as simple as I can be lol. I have had so many ppl ask me and I now am asking the same thing, as its just too hard to work out. I received an email asking me to come back from MaxisLuc. A few ppl got this email. It states this:

You can come back for free right now by REACTIVATING your old account at this page http://ea-land.ea.com/register/free.php and then by downloading the game from the same link. Most likely, your Sim is no more, but if you come back to the game this month, you will get your earned privileges back (gifts, skill locks etc. in EA-Land) when we run our amnesty program at the end of the month. Today you can play for free in our test city called 'Test-Center 3', in a few days you will be able to also play for Free in the 'EA-Land' city

Ok here is the question.

I use to play back in 2005/06. Im using the same member name and password i used then and yet all my skills etc have gone. Fair enuf cause I was a subscriber and I thought oh well, thats what must happen if ur free. But when i read that email I, and a lot of other ppl, thought we would get all our earned privelleges back like: skills/gifts etc ??

I just don't understand what to do with it all.

I'm in TC3 and i have a house, money, items, skills. Nothing like I had years ago of course, but if I subscribe to EA LAND, will i get to keep any of that?
From what I've read i wont.

So then what exactly are the "privelleges" back that this email is talking about??

Would love to get my stuff back from when I was a subscriber, is that what this email is talking about??

I'm soooooo very confused.
</font>

I

imported_Spacey

From my understanding, you will get your locks and any gifts you have recieved (pet statue, tree, campfire...). The money was wiped for everyone, so you will not be getting that back.

L

Lursa101

<font color="blue"> I read that bit too, but does that mean:

The stuff I accumulated previously when i was a subscriber years ago? all those skills and locks etc? Cause i'm on that account now, and when I first logged into EA LAND (when it recently opened), It asked me to create a new sim. So there is no record of my sim or her skills etc.

This is what is confusing. Forgetting about TC3 all together, cause I understand from reading that NOTHING from that character will move over to EA LAND, so then what exactly in that initial email did he mean about my privelleges?? skills etc? </font>

G

You won't be getting skills, but you will be getting the skill LOCKS that you have earned based on the amount of time you have paid on your account.

I believe things that will be redistributed are: skills locks, anniversary gifts, simmies.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Current players and players who have been inactive for several months now, and have got their sims wiped (sims, lots, items, simoleans). Will receive their anniversary gifts (all of which they are entitled to), they will also receive skill locks (up to as many as their sims were/are entitled to), simmies and (possibly) object limit level.

<font color="red"> ONLY </font>if they reactivate their accounts and subscribe to TSO (Now ea-land) <font color="green">BEFORE March 2008. </font> In March, the developers will run their amnesty program and all players that are currently subscribing (paying) players or those who re-subscribed before March 08 will get these items.

Players who have had their sims wiped will not receive their simoleans or objects that they had before they left TSO and to my understanding No lots will be returned, only gifts, skill locks, simmies, and possibly object limit level.

You can read more about AMNESTY at this thread.
And at the TSO (EA Land) developers blog, www.tso-e.com.

Hope this helped you.

L

Lursa101

<blockquote><hr>

Current players and players who have been inactive for several months now, and have got their sims wiped (sims, lots, items, simoleans). Will receive their anniversary gifts (all of which they are entitled to), they will also receive skill locks (up to as many as their sims were/are entitled to), simmies and (possibly) object limit level.

<font color="red"> ONLY </font>if they reactivate their accounts and subscribe to TSO (Now ea-land) <font color="green">BEFORE March 2008. </font> In March, the developers will run their amnesty program and all players that are currently subscribing (paying) players or those who re-subscribed before March 08 will get these items.

Players who have had their sims wiped will not receive their simoleans or objects that they had before they left TSO and to my understanding No lots will be returned, only gifts, skill locks, simmies, and possibly object limit level.

You can read more about AMNESTY at this thread.
And at the TSO (EA Land) developers blog, www.tso-e.com.

Hope this helped you.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Actually that has helped a lot. 2 more question tho,
1. The account i want to use (the membername and password I used years ago) is the one im using now. Thats the one they sent that email to in the first place so all is good there. I'm wondering tho, when I logged in to EA LAND i didnt have any previous info there. No skilling, no items, no house

If I subscribe, what exactly will I be bringing with me then? As I understood it, I thought I was getting my skill stuff back.

2. Says on this account, when I click on my BIO Entitlement 119 days. I'm not exactly sure what that means.</font>

L

Lursa101

<font color="blue"> oh also, do i subscribe to EA LAND or SIMS ONLINE... EA LAND is saying "not yet registered"

Sims Online is coming up as 1 of 14days remaining. ACTIVE</font>

G

The understanding is that the skills that you accumulated before will not be returned but the skill LOCKs that you had will. No matter when you create you sim as long as its done before March, I believe, 8th. In essence you will not be bringing anything with you. Everything that you are entitled, due to your age being 119 days, will be given to you when they run the Amnesty program. Until then you are just a newly created sim.

Right now you are starting with a brand new slate. When the Amnesty program runs you will have your skill LOCKS, gifts and rares that were given to you at the time you stopped playing TSO.

L

Lursa101

<font color="blue"> ok so, if i stopped playing 2yrs ago, and had heaps of skills and stuff, then when they run the Amnesty prog. Provided I subscribe before March etc. I will get it ALL back? </font>

G

Nooo!!! When they run the Amnesty program you will only get your skill locks not the actual skill. Also you will receive any rares and gifts that were given to you before you stopped palying TSO.

L

Lursa101

<font color="blue"> ok kinda making more sense.

So if i want to subscribe now, since i cant subscribe on the page to EA LAND, so should I subscribe to Sims Online then?? says I have 1 of 14 days left as described below:

The Sims Online
The Sims Online Registration | Registered

Coupons/Promotions Days Remaining:
The Sims Online: 14-Day Free Trial 1 of 14

</font>

G

If wouldve had to download the ea-land version for you to get your rewards. Just make sure you do that and you should be fine.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

So if i want to subscribe now, since i cant subscribe on the page to EA LAND, so should I subscribe to Sims Online then??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why they don't fix that up. In fact the Sims Online subscription link is the one you have to use for EA Land too. That had me confused for a few days too.

L

Lursa101

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So if i want to subscribe now, since i cant subscribe on the page to EA LAND, so should I subscribe to Sims Online then??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why they don't fix that up. In fact the Sims Online subscription link is the one you have to use for EA Land too. That had me confused for a few days too.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> so just sign up on Sims Online then?

Its kinda silly why im on a 14 day trial anyway, what happensn after tomorrow since i only have 1 day left? lol
Its not like Im getting to skill or anyting in EA LAND anyway, i'm only allowed to do what I would be doing for free anyway... WEIRD and CONFUSING lol.

Get ur act together EA GAMES and make it easier for us to pay u LOL </font>

G

Welcome back, Lursa101!

To ensure the smoothest transition back to playing the game, you should take a look through this guide on the EA-Land website (http://ea-land.ea.com). If you decide to resubscribe, be sure to follow all the instructions <u>to the letter</u>.

It is unfortunate, but under the old system, sims who have been inactive (unpaid) for more than 90 days were subject to deletion. You will never get those sims or their possessions, house, or skills back. They are gone. However, under the new system, skill locks and anniversary gifts are tied to account age rather than sim age. When the amnesty happens in March, any sims currently existing will get skill locks commensurate with the paid age of your account. This means, if you paid 12 months worth of subscription fees in the past, your newly-created sims are entitled to 12 months worth of skill locks. Additionally, your sims will be eligible to receive anniversary gifts commensurate with your paid account age.

You will still get the same starting funds as any other newly-subscribed sim, and you won't ever get back the lost skills or objects; but at least you won't be starting completely over.

Hope that helps explain things. For more information, be sure to check out the main EA-Land Website.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

1) The amnesty program has not been run yet, it is going to be run some day in march. Probably during the first week or so (i would not know since im not a Dev im only using their info). You will not get your skills back, you will only get the skill locks (the feature that lets you lot a X amount of skills so they don't decay over time). You will not receive any simoleans that you may have had nor any houses/properties also NO objects except Anniversary gifts (statues, mystic trees, campfires... etc), and simmies will be given back.

EA Land is a new city, just came out in January, the city merges have not yet happened (except today's first merge DG to EA Land) no one began with houses. Sims created in the first 2 weeks got $500, and in the first week of Feburary $100 and as of now new sims get $0. If you subscribe you will get $500 pr a week as a bonus (for ex. If I subscribed on 2/7/08 I would get my bonus on 2/14/08 and then again 7 days later).

2. The Entitlement # in your bio, is the amount of days you have paid for your account thus, it being entitled to. (For example if I paid for this month, everyday of the month I will get 1 date added, but if I have say 100 today and I canceled and my account expires tomorrow, I will not get a added day). This was created to allow players know how many days they have paid for TSO and how many days until they will receive a Anniversary gift. Your entitlement is 119 days, so you have previously paid for 119 days of TSO and have 246 more days before you get a gift. (About 4-5 paid months)

3. TSO no longer exsists (because all the TSO production cities (AV,BF,JP, etc...) have been closed since last week and are being merged to EA Land starting this week. EA Land is a big city with a big map made up of all the former production cities, players will be able to play/visit/live in each city (for example my home is in AV I can live there, zoom out and go to my friends house in the BF map.

Due to this, I think you must subscribe to the EA-Land option, however I'm not sure so I would Private Message our community rep/ developer, Parizad@EA (search the name in search and PM her). She will be happy to answer your question as long as you ask nicely .

Since TSO is telling you it has 1 of 14 days active you are on a free trial for the former game, so I am 99.9% sure that you must subscribe to EA Land in-order to have an Free Player account (no expiration) but they are limited to what they can do you can read more about the limits at www.ea-land.com, however I would still PM parizad@ea before you do anything.

Hope this helps! Welcome back to TSO (now ea-land).

P.S.

For future reference here are the EA websites which have useful info.

The TSO wiki, which allow players to make suggestions about new feature to be added to EA Land, over 70% of the new features we have in EA Land have been made by TSO players that have added suggestions and Ideas on the wiki site named game-blueprints.

www.game-blueprints.com

The EA Land website (kind of childish looking however it is now the official TSO/EA Land website)

www.ea-land.com

A third person website with the newest EA Land news and very helpful infor.
www.tsomania.net

Our game rep's username, Parizad@EA.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

a friends acct said the same thing ... 1 of 14 days..... the next day ... the sim landed in a body house.... then got thrown back on to a trial acct starting at 14 of 14 days.... and to this day that sim is still trial.... how do we fix this the acct is paid for the month ....ea got their money ... but we are working into the 3wk of trial... how much longer does this sim have before he can become a citizen of Ea Land again .....

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

a friends acct said the same thing ... 1 of 14 days..... the next day ... the sim landed in a body house.... then got thrown back on to a trial acct starting at 14 of 14 days.... and to this day that sim is still trial.... how do we fix this the acct is paid for the month ....ea got their money ... but we are working into the 3wk of trial... how much longer does this sim have before he can become a citizen of Ea Land again .....

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried informing EA of this, Parizad maybe? One of the developers?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Two questions:
1. Did this friend of yours follow each step here to the letter (particularly the part about changing billing method)?
2. Is your friend launching the game through the updater (TSOPatch\TSO.exe)?