• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Topic for Discussion - Welcoming Committee EA Land

• Thread starter imported_debslee
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_debslee

On my travels through the Wiki - I found this interesting article - I have pasted the bullet points below - might be nice to throw it out there for discussion!

*Players on Committee
*Players earned membership by running Welcome House
*Players volunteer for position?
*Welcome Committee Members names are automatically added to new sim's bookmarks when they are created.
*Welcome Committee Members receive MOMI messages in their Inbox when a new sim is created.
*WC Members take new players on a tour showing them an example of each type of lot while explaining how money, skill etc houses work.

More Info on Welcoming Committee - Wiki

G

That is a great idea. I am currently the owner of a res lot and I get lots of newbies in there(mostly free accounts) They have lots of questions. I dont mind answering them cause I was new once to and needed help. My only complaint is that when I am in my house I am usually building. Need less to say I miss alot of there interactions with me because I am building. So I just know they think I am rude. But really I am not trying to be rude just very busy. LOL If you a newbie that has been to my house and I just stood there while you tried to dance with my I am very sorry. I was other wise occupied at the time please come back and I will happily dance the night away with you. lol.

G

I actually thought of changing my house into a welcome center. I would love to sign up for this. The more veteren players who volunteer, the better chance we will be online to help new players.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

I actually thought of changing my house into a welcome center. I would love to sign up for this. The more veteren players who volunteer, the better chance we will be online to help new players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree, I think Veteren players would be excellent in this function. I remember when I first played SL - that is what struck me the most, was the city you arrive in, there are people just waiting to help you - although I havent gone back in a long while as it really doesnt compare with TSO (but that is not for discussion here). I really like this concept of "welcoming" and think that after the merges this is really something the Devs could look at. Perhaps when a newby arrives in EA Land they land on a "Welcome committee lot".

C

Cruz Cavera

This is great. We NEED something like this, especially with all of the Newbies. I think EA should direct newer players to Welcome Houses. Sort of how they do it in The Sims when you first install it.

Y

YellowRose5819

I would volinteer for that. I think its a good idea,i went to work at the factory there was one person she was a free account. she needed lots of help, my sim has a skill house so i invited her back to my place to green if needed and gave her $200.00 couse she said free accounts dont make money,she always gives me a holler when she is on at the sametime as that sim.

G

I think this is a great idea! I've been thinking about making one of my Sim's lots a Welcome Center, but haven't played her much to make any money to build! lol

I think it would help a lot of people out... There are new players who genuinely want to learn, and I think there are a lot of us who would like to help.

I do have to say it might make things a lot easier for them- and us- if they were shown the ropes before being let loose on the map! lol

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Great idea !! I do have a welcome house in TC3..and lots of newbies stop by. I do have a place set up to show them all skills, money objects used in game, etc. although the money objects can't be used in that catagory. They always ask why can't i try it...so I explain I just have them here so they can see what TSO has to offer. Would be nice if they did work!

G

I always think its a great idea. Im sure we lose so many new players because they are overwhelmed and dont know what to do to have fun...

In There.com they have something like this too, and its a great way to get players hooked on the game because they know how things work and how they can have fun or get a house.

I own a welcome center in EAL but the problem i have is most people that visit are free accounts who just want to know how to get money. and i tell them either do services for other players for money or go to an ATM. They cant believe there is no way to make money... I dont know what to tell them. I dont have any money otherwise i would help them

G

I wonder if there is a way for the dev team to send all new accounts... say for the first 2 days they are around, to a welcome house. Something run by veterens but owned by EA. I wonder if this could be a "job" that we volunteer at. I would give up my job track to try and help keep new players from leaving because they don't understand.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

I wonder if there is a way for the dev team to send all new accounts... say for the first 2 days they are around, to a welcome house. Something run by veterens but owned by EA. I wonder if this could be a "job" that we volunteer at. I would give up my job track to try and help keep new players from leaving because they don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I like this idea. Can some one tell me, can we add these ideas and suggestions to the Wiki, and if so, how can we get it "bumped" up to something to be looked at and actioned soon. Because I think it will significantly assist with keeping new players.....Maybe someone could discuss these ideas at the Town Hall (I would but Im never on at the same time due to time differences) and discuss with Pari???? Anyone?

G

You sure can add to the wiki article, the best thing to do tho is click on the discussions tab at the top, then edit discussion. You will see all other previous comments for that page, scroll down to the bottom of the comments and type it in. There is a button on the top of the discussion box that you can add your name/date to the comments automatically. To make it neat and pretty put [[Comment]] [[/Comment]] before and after your comments.

The wiki is easy once you learn the little basics.

Oh and as soon as you edit a page it get bumped up to the recent pages.