[Magery] Top SDI for PvP

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

shipwrek

UO Guide says the maximum SDI from item properties is capped at 15%.

Does anyone know if this includes 10% from inscription or will it stack with items giving you a total of 25%?

Just stumbled across this after working it up to 82 (on SP) My main incentive is using that bonus in PvP so I hope I didn't waste my time! I have a spell book with 30% SDI.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
I alway understood that the cap was at 15% on items

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
Not pvp, that's hard 15 + 10 =25 max possible, AFAIK.
But some spell are stronger with high INT, but what mage runs with under 125 int? This is different from SDI.
Not sure about pvm.

B

biggoodjohn

Spell Damage Increase (SDI) is an item property that, surprisingly, increases the damage of most magical attacks that are cast. The property is capped at 15% for PvP. For PvE there is no cap on spell damage, so pack it on.

this appears to be on items only, it is from www.uoguide.com

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Trinsic, LS
So the SDI cap is 25 is there a LMC or a MR Cap?
You also get 1% for every 10 Int. But as another poster pointed out, what mage would run under max Int.

LMC is capped at 40% for all spellcasting (and it will not work when insribing scrolls).

Mana Regen has no cap, but is subject to diminishing returns. Meaning you will get less % regen from each point you go up (on a point for point basis). Example: the difference between going from 2 to 3 MR is greater than the difference from 3 to 4. You will always increase your mana regen, but eventually you will not be able to tell. So your cap is what ever you can get on items (2 MR on looted and crafted items, 3 or 4 on some artifacts).

Stayin Alive,

BG