• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Top 5 populated shards ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi everyone
I thinking about claiming a few shard shields finally and was wondering which to claim. I could claim them all but it seems most shards are died.
Which would you choose?
While I’m here I also have I few accounts I’m closing that has 3 to 4 vet rewards to claim which ones sell the best ?
Thank you for your advice!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Catskills
4. Lake Superior
5. Chesapeake or Pacific or Europa

Those are the ones people ask me to use the most frequently when I do shard transfers for people, and also what I believe to be the population levels currently based on observation. If your home shard isn't on that list, pick one for your home shard, otherwise you'll have no way to get back home after a trip.

The vet rewards which sell the best for the highest prices are currently garden shed deeds. It would be unwise to choose vet rewards to sell right now though unless you'll be closing the accounts in the next month or two, because the 23rd anniversary is in two months which means brand new vet rewards, and the new 15th year reward is always the highest selling thing by a lot the first month they come out each year, usually in the 200-250m range at first while garden sheds are in the 120-150m range currently on Atlantic.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi everyone
I thinking about claiming a few shard shields finally and was wondering which to claim. I could claim them all but it seems most shards are died.
Which would you choose?
While I’m here I also have I few accounts I’m closing that has 3 to 4 vet rewards to claim which ones sell the best ?
Pick a low pop shard too incase you need to bring a toon over to get scrolls.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply I have 85 to 90 vet rewards to choose but only about 35 are 16 plus years old.
Just to clarify I only was going to use maybe 5 for shields hold on to the rest of the rewards on older accounts as well as the 7 to 10 year old accounts.
The lower age accounts 2 to 6 years accounts I was going to close and have rewards to claim. So the question is what would you choose for say a 2 year to 5 or 6 year account. I have to many accounts open right do to moving / trading houses. I did think about waiting anther 3 months to close them because of the anniversary coming up but the accounts are so young that I’m thinking about closing not sure it’s worth it.

My Shard is Pacific I forgot to mention that.

I’ll pm you about the older accounts soon.

Thank you for your help

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I recommend that you chose 2 pacific shields then... I generally keep 2 for home... since well that's where you want to go more... That way you can go to 2 hops and back and 2 more hops and back before you are out of shields.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m not sure why I need two Pacific shields
If I have 1 and others for Alt , GL , LS and cats
I would hope over to which ever shard first then the next and so on then home right ? Or is it because of item count you recommend 2 for the home shard ?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I’m not sure why I need two Pacific shields
If I have 1 and others for Alt , GL , LS and cats
I would hope over to which ever shard first then the next and so on then home right ? Or is it because of item count you recommend 2 for the home shard ?
It's just item count. If you can hit every shard at once and have enough room to pick everything up 1 home shard shield is fine. I have two Atlantic shields but only ever need one of them, and that's with doing 10+ transfers per month for other people, for years.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are shields shard bond or can I later move to Gl or LS and use them there in a new house

reason I ask is I’m moving finally to East Tennessee and I’m thinking about moving my main 3 accounts closer to an East cost server. (This is assuming life circumstances allow it for awhile)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are shields shard bond or can I later move to Gl or LS and use them there in a new house

reason I ask is I’m moving finally to East Tennessee and I’m thinking about moving my main 3 accounts closer to an East cost server. (This is assuming life circumstances allow it for awhile)
You can move them to any shard you want. They're account bound but not shard bound.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You can move them to any shard you want. They're account bound but not shard bound.
And to spawn monthly transfer tokens, they need to be locked down in your house, not in a bank vault right? Also question, can they be locked down an used in a house you are a co-owner and not the owner?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Catskills
4. Lake Superior
5. Chesapeake or Pacific or Europa

Those are the ones people ask me to use the most frequently when I do shard transfers for people, and also what I believe to be the population levels currently based on observation. If your home shard isn't on that list, pick one for your home shard, otherwise you'll have no way to get back home after a trip.

The vet rewards which sell the best for the highest prices are currently garden shed deeds. It would be unwise to choose vet rewards to sell right now though unless you'll be closing the accounts in the next month or two, because the 23rd anniversary is in two months which means brand new vet rewards, and the new 15th year reward is always the highest selling thing by a lot the first month they come out each year, usually in the 200-250m range at first while garden sheds are in the 120-150m range currently on Atlantic.
And the deadest shards? What are they?
Baja
Oceania?
Others?

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for you 2 year old account i would choose auction safes
you get 3 and they sell for 25-30m each. So 75-90m pretty much beats out any other 1st or 2nd year pick

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The reason for 2 is immediate return trips.

I woukd also try to have it spread across 2 + accounts, so you can do multiple xsharding a day.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And to spawn monthly transfer tokens, they need to be locked down in your house, not in a bank vault right? Also question, can they be locked down an used in a house you are a co-owner and not the owner?
Correct, they only make tokens while locked down (they start with one token also) and yes they can be locked down and used in a co-owned house. I have all mine in the same house but both accounts use them.

Baja
Oceania?
Others?
By far the most dead normal shard in the game is Balhae. My guild and I played there for a few months and there were literally only 3 players on the entire shard who weren't us, even during their prime time. The most dead completely is Mugen, since it's Asian Siege Perilous.

All of the Asian shards except Hokuto and Yamato are pretty low population.

Oceania isn't dead, they have a decent sized community once you get involved with their discord group and guilds.

Baja/Napa Valley/Sonoma are probably the smallest non-Asian shards.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply I have 85 to 90 vet rewards to choose but only about 35 are 16 plus years old.
You're lucky to have 35 16+ y/o picks and very disciplined for doing so. Nice job
If it were me i would do all 25 prodo shards and have 2 on pac (since it's your home shard) and 2 on Atl.
A full set would come in handy at times you wouldn't even expect it. Not to mention nice deco
27 shield pics overall would leave you with 8 old vet pics for other things. I'de say you're in pretty good shape

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason for 2 is immediate return trips.

I woukd also try to have it spread across 2 + accounts, so you can do multiple xsharding a day.
Wait, someone explain this to me. How exactly do you get an immediate return trip that doesn't have a 24 hr delay ?

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Baja
Oceania?
Others?
My home shard is Chesapeake but I also play on Baja from time to time. I find a lot of people talking in gen chat there when I log on. Not like Atlantic but I wouldn't consider it a dead shard. They actually have a really nice community there.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone
Which would you choose?
On stratics, the shard forum with the most threads and posts is Siege Perilous shard; I wonder what that says about our population count?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wait, someone explain this to me. How exactly do you get an immediate return trip that doesn't have a 24 hr delay ?
Different accounts. I have my full set of shard shields split across two accounts for that reason.

Atlantic to Great Lakes (account 1)
Great Lakes to Atlantic (account 2)

Since you're just switching off the items to a second account there is no timer. People with theirs split over even more accounts can do 3, 4, 5 etc. transfers in the same day. It generally doesn't matter unless you do a ton of transfers and need them done as fast as possible though.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On stratics, the shard forum with the most threads and posts is Siege Perilous shard; I wonder what that says about our population count?
Siege has a medium population similar to Pacific/Chesapeake/Europa, you guys just talk to each other and interact way more than the other shards do, since most Siege players went there because they liked the community aspect and didn't have many people to talk to on their home shard, but didn't like the aggressive atmosphere of Atlantic.

By the way, I'm not sure if you know, but your font color is hard to read in the darker layout of Stratics.

Untitled.png

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Asuka often shows up as Med or High population count when I look for my server to login. I assumed that meant it was the most populated Asian shard. True? It wasn't listed above.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Asuka often shows up as Med or High population count when I look for my server to login. I assumed that meant it was the most populated Asian shard. True? It wasn't listed above.
The Asian pvp community jumps from shard to shard sometimes, with Yamato and Asuka being their favorites. You might be seeing it as high population during the time they're using their Asuka pvp characters before returning to their home shards.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Each couple months sheep are xfering to farm and wolf follow fast..so i will say except atlantic other shard seems to be equal in population on eastern shard and pacific

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
how to you remove or re-deed shard shields? To move them o different spot etc..(I heard "don't use an axe!"):)

Toshi

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Siege has something like 400 "active" players--Just few enough that you can actually know everyone if you have a good memory.