• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Top 100 List For Stores

• Thread starter DjMacDaddy01201
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DjMacDaddy01201

I have problem in Ea Land no one comes to my store if I'm afk for hours or just sitting around i think just for stores there should be no top 100 lost and replace it with all stores being open and closed please think on this this would help out big time

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

I have problem in Ea Land no one comes to my store if I'm afk for hours or just sitting around i think just for stores there should be no top 100 lost and replace it with all stores being open and closed please think on this this would help out big time

[/ QUOTE ]

You can practically have giveaway prices and you wont get many customers, everyone either has all they need....several times over. Or they are saving their money for the "buyback", which I see having a very hard time ever possibly materializing. Or third, they are a noob, and they dont have any money.
I have unknown pet breed carriers for $150 and dont see much traffic.

And on top of all that, the small one sim store is never, and I do think I am pushing it when I say never, will never get in the top 100.

L

ladywolf

Great idea, wish it could go even further, show stores open, with owner, roomates, moveing about. I spend so many hours hopping from store to store tryin gto find an active roomate to help me

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

I spend so many hours hopping from store to store tryin gto find an active roomate to help me

[/ QUOTE ]

come to our place
we are mostly there (except rl greening time) because people come with orders for signs and other items.

Bee's Custom EASTER

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should eliminate the top 100 list completely, for EVERY category. The map filter could be adjusted to show any place open in each category, much the same as the filter we use for "places visited recently".

This was talked about before, but the coversation just died away. I think it should be re-tabled.

G

Just posted this in the 'free accounts' thread as that seemed to be all about top 100 lists

Why cant we just have a directory with a section for each category

you can then either search online properties or by what they sell/skill/which money items they have

When setting up a property you have to tick (or whatever) which you want to be listed under

Shops - catalogue, clothing and/or cc
Skill Houses - Logic, Mech, Charm, Creativity, Body and/or Cooking
Money Houses - Pizza, Code, Band, Potions, Gnomes, Paints, Telesales, and so on

That way WE only see what we WANT to see. Stuff visitor hours and top 100 lists

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should eliminate the top 100 list completely, for EVERY category. The map filter could be adjusted to show any place open in each category, much the same as the filter we use for "places visited recently".

This was talked about before, but the coversation just died away. I think it should be re-tabled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in regards to changing the list for every category. Considering there will be 8-10 however many cities all in EA Land with the same list currently, it will be very difficult to even be noticed in most categories.

I do think that when we discussed this before, it was noted by the Devs. I would like to think that will come after all the cities are merged. Lets hope anyway!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!!! Popularity contests were the "high school" thing....we're grown up now lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I think we've figured out the problem...

G

*just hitting reply*

I also think the top 100 list should be removed. With all the cities merging it is going to be near impossible to compete. Furthermore with the free accounts, how many are going to have 10 free account sims hiding on their lots to keep them active and show visitors? And if stores didnt AFK sometimes they would NEVER get on the lists at all. I do hope they have something in the works to allow more than ten lots to show up in search as well.

G

As much as I agree that as it stands ALL TOP 100 lists are a complete joke, I also feel that if they are removed entirely, some will lose the initiative to keep their homes open. As it stands, all goals are self-made, self-accomplished. The Top 100's are the only form of "competition" (and I use the word lightly) that EA provides and monitors.

I am all for removing the Top 100's - but only if a better alternative is introduced.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

I also feel that if they are removed entirely, some will lose the initiative to keep their homes open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well consider this situation. I play just one Sim (unless she has a leasing error). I want to take my Sim visiting, meet other Sims, earn money. It's not worth my while to have an account and just sit minding a shop.

On the other hand, I also make CC, and you will only be able to buy it at my shop, which will be open for brief hours and on request. That doesn't mean that when you do come to the shop you will find me afk, rude, unhelpful, or that the stuff won't be worth buying - especially as it will be sold for little more than the cost of upload (I might round it up).

I do think there should be some other form of rating apart from visitor-hours or else people might never find the smaller shops with the more unique items.

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We do have a filter already for each catagory. Although it says "most popular," it does show houses not on the list. I just wish people would use it more often.

V

vapd3317

Yes,...but instead of limiting it to most popular,...my suggestion is to have tabs for each category, and then show all properties under that category on the map, that are currently on-line.

G

Online houses would make more sense. I don't care how many hours you have. Are you open?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Online houses would make more sense. I don't care how many hours you have. Are you open?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the sims who hide by the dozens in these tops house will find useful to do if these ideas were executed !

G

How bout top 100 houses open.

Last time I looked it took over 2 hrs to get in top 100 list for money category.

V

vapd3317

Showing top 100 only, won't solve the problem, only limit it even more as some categories may not show at all.

G

I meant keep it at 100 on the list. Only list the 100 open houses in order from most to least hours. That way there is still competition for the top spot. If you open a new house that house would show last on the list.

V

vapd3317

Okay,...but isnt the visitor hours the reason for this thread? Categorizing by hours online is the same as it is now. Thats why I mentioned ALL online properties so there isn't a 1st place through 100th place based on visitor hours. No longer would there be the need to have hidden sims gaining visitor hours, because the "time" spent online would not be a factor, just simply being open would list any properties.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Okay,...but isnt the visitor hours the reason for this thread? Categorizing by hours online is the same as it is now. Thats why I mentioned ALL online properties so there isn't a 1st place through 100th place based on visitor hours. No longer would there be the need to have hidden sims gaining visitor hours, because the "time" spent online would not be a factor, just simply being open would list any properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you stated in your previous post was a great idea VAPD. And Simone, listing properties by the visitors hours is what is disturbing most people. Thats what this thread is all about, a idea to change the list because its too hard to even try and compete with these dust covered sims that have nothing better to do. I was almost going to go to thier house and play hide and seek just to see the house empty out for a change while these sims were being revived.

G

LOL I have learned to get anything done around here. There is always a compromise to be made.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

LOL I have learned to get anything done around here. There is always a compromise to be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I don't see what there is to compromise.

G

If 100 open properties show on the list. You would have a good chance of getting your house on the list. Are there more than 100 open houses in 1 category in EA Land? Wow! We really have gotten a lot of new players.

I

Inge Jones

Well could we modify that from "stores open" to "stores with owner online"? Cos the description in my shop says to PM me and I will go and open up. Why would any real player want to sit in a shop all the time they're online on the offchance someone will stop by for a chat? I need to be earning simoleans. Having to have the shop actually manned all the time is just discouraging normal players from sharing their not-for-profit cc and favouring people who are not actually involved in the game and just want to run a shop for a profit.

G

You want it one way or the other, no compromise. What is the difference as long as the open houses show up? Some like to compete, that is how they play. Some just want to have fun and host to small groups.

As far as stores go, there are going to be some huge changes in the way they show on the list. You will be able to buy advertising pretty much. There has been talk of buying a spot on the list. I can see over 100 stores open at one time.

As for the other houses I think top 100 open houses would be a good temporary solution. At least til they find something better.

G

They are going to make it where we can have our houses open without us even being online. LOL I just remembered that.

I

Inge Jones

Oh that's good! I mean I could have put some of my stuff in someone else's shop for sale or return or something, but I was keen they wouldn't be in a place that's open for (take-out) profit. I might use the ATM to buy simoleans but I have no intention of selling any over and above any I bought in the first place (which I might regard as a loan to my sim).

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

If 100 open properties show on the list. You would have a good chance of getting your house on the list. Are there more than 100 open houses in 1 category in EA Land? Wow! We really have gotten a lot of new players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The compitition for holding the number one spot was maintained by the hard work of owners and thier dedicated roomies back in early 2003 when I started playing this game. That's not the case today. Some people still like the competition however, they don't have a chance to be number one when theres people hiding a large number of sims in thier houses, all being AFK. IMO, I don't feel that a top 100 list of open properties will work either because we have to remember that all the cities are coming together as one, and I do think the open list will exceed 100. I think Vapd had a good idea as well as Qute. No matter what, it needs to be changed in fairness of the small shop owners.

Speaking of neew players, we sure do have alot of new ones. I am going to enjoy telling them how fun the game was before we had maids, repairmen, gardners and pets. And if was a pain having to build up the 10 skill locks we we're given.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If I visit a store and they are AFK, I usually do not return to that store if I ever go out shopping. I usually also look for stores that have something in their bio stating they are a "Non-AFK Store." Maybe you should add something like that and I am sure you will get some customers

G

<blockquote><hr>

If I visit a store and they are AFK, I usually do not return to that store if I ever go out shopping. I usually also look for stores that have something in their bio stating they are a "Non-AFK Store." Maybe you should add something like that and I am sure you will get some customers

[/ QUOTE ]If I visit a store where they're all AFK... I think I might help them out with a few more visitor hours by calling over some friends for an exciting game of hide-and-seek!

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

If I visit a store where they're all AFK... I think I might help them out with a few more visitor hours by calling over some friends for an exciting game of hide-and-seek!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause you know you can seek someone hidden behind a locked door.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If I visit a store where they're all AFK... I think I might help them out with a few more visitor hours by calling over some friends for an exciting game of hide-and-seek!

[/ QUOTE ]Cause you know you can seek someone hidden behind a locked door.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, that's when I hit the report button and move on. I have no patience for people who can't play within the rules.

M

Matthew Gilmore

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Cause you know you can seek someone hidden behind a locked door.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, that's when I hit the report button and move on. I have no patience for people who can't play within the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Picky?

:p

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Well, that's when I hit the report button and move on. I have no patience for people who can't play within the rules

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. What about the people that load up on free sims then play the 'we are a honest and hard workering store' card? lol I find those ones the most amusing of all personally lol.