• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Top 100 bonus/Job object payouts

G

From Nov 7 Blog entry:
<blockquote><hr>

Top 100 Bonus: We have lowered them and can now limit payouts to paying subscribers only. In addition we are starting rolling these down to zero over the next few days. All the money will be migrating to jobs and/or job objects.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Top 100 bonus has been decreasing steadily for the last few days and is now zero. But there has been no increase in job object payouts.
I wanted to ask about this at the Pub, but it was closed when I swung by.

Soooo, why the delay?

F

frogger2

I siad once in a bio...sisco of starbase one how bad this sucks. earned money to be ripted from your hands by greedy evil tso, it takes all the fun out of this game. i dont cheat never had....but will i ever? they are temping me to be sure lol. we were promised alot of things and to date just a tiny bit has been given. oh well thats all you can say because its evident that tso does not care for us honest hard playing sims all this game is now is work work work....no fun in it anymore....bad tso bad....i siad this once b4 tso...make this game fun or else. im walking if things dont improve soon and im a 5yr player.

K

Keep It Real

Things are certainly not as many had hoped for. Bonus being taken away is just another way for sims to become dependant on EA for simoleans sales. I think the game was better off before they "fixed" the economy. All I wanted was some bugs fixed and some added content, not much to ask really. I know EA has to turn a profit but DAMN do they have to make it all from the few players that are left now? THE END IS NEAR, THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Things are certainly not as many had hoped for. Bonus being taken away is just another way for sims to become dependant on EA for simoleans sales. I think the game was better off before they "fixed" the economy. All I wanted was some bugs fixed and some added content, not much to ask really. I know EA has to turn a profit but DAMN do they have to make it all from the few players that are left now? THE END IS NEAR, THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference? Players were buying their simoleans anyway and making some 'private parties' fairly well off with their purchases.

Why shouldn't that money stay with EA?

If people are paying their accounts they will get an automatic allowance.

People that are playing freebie account won't get the allowance. So they opt to either make their money or buy it from ea. Who knows, EA might make more money off of simolean buyers then by subscription holding players.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Visitor hour bonuses have been abused for years by people that can afford multiple accounts. We've heard this complaint over and over again for years and years. Now that it's gone, we hear more complaints.

Visitor hours begat Top100 list placement and more bonus money given to players. Again abused by many.

Everyone agreed the friendship web system and bonus money was a farce from the beginning. Complaint after complaint of being attacked by friend mongers.

Yes, you played hard hosting and feeding all of those sims. And many of you complained about how boring the game was. So changes are being made.

I have no idea where the game is heading but I haven't had any problem adjusting to every new twist it takes. I still find ways to make money. I still find goals to achieve. I still have fun interacting with people online. Soon we will all start recieving a subscriber bonus. Simoleans just because we are all paying customers. For now I'm enjoying the roller coaster ride.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Visitor hour bonuses have been abused for years by people that can afford multiple accounts. We've heard this complaint over and over again for years and years. Now that it's gone, we hear more complaints.

Visitor hours begat Top100 list placement and more bonus money given to players. Again abused by many.

Everyone agreed the friendship web system and bonus money was a farce from the beginning. Complaint after complaint of being attacked by friend mongers.

Yes, you played hard hosting and feeding all of those sims. And many of you complained about how boring the game was. So changes are being made.

I have no idea where the game is heading but I haven't had any problem adjusting to every new twist it takes. I still find ways to make money. I still find goals to achieve. I still have fun interacting with people online. Soon we will all start recieving a subscriber bonus. Simoleans just because we are all paying customers. For now I'm enjoying the roller coaster ride.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please do not attribute complaints to me which I did not make.
My question was 'why is there a delay in assigning the money saved from Top 100 bonuses to job objects as promised by the Devs'.

As far as the 'abuse' - that was an issue with <u>Trial accounts</u>, not Subsciber accounts, because we all know that a 'paid-for' account can operate any way it wants within the boundaries of the rules.
That means that ALL players pay the price of the abuse of others. Sorta like sending everybody to jail because some people rob liquor stores.

And not "Everybody" agreed about the friendship web, or <u>anything</u> else.

I know you are getting frustrated by all the crap being dumped on you because you are trying to help, while inconsiderate jackasses consider their purpose in life to be rude and obnoxious, but that is no reason to poo-poo others concerns.
You are doing ok with the changes? Good. I mean it.
But try to understand that others may have a different perspective, and as long as it's presented in an appropriate manner, it's deserving of some respect.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I siad once in a bio...sisco of starbase one how bad this sucks. earned money to be ripted from your hands by greedy evil tso, it takes all the fun out of this game. i dont cheat never had....but will i ever? they are temping me to be sure lol. we were promised alot of things and to date just a tiny bit has been given. oh well thats all you can say because its evident that tso does not care for us honest hard playing sims all this game is now is work work work....no fun in it anymore....bad tso bad....i siad this once b4 tso...make this game fun or else. im walking if things dont improve soon and im a 5yr player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...They've had 5 years to fix this game and chose not to. Now they expect us to be happy about these so-called improvements that they are doing and that are coming? And the few that I've seen who are happy about the changes wonder why the rest of us aren't?

M

Meggers

I agree...They've had 5 years to fix this game and chose not to. Now they expect us to be happy about these so-called improvements that they are doing and that are coming? And the few that I've seen who are happy about the changes wonder why the rest of us aren't?
---------------------------

These so-called improvements are about as useful as putting perfume on a pig.

I

imported_herk1287

I predict the game being cancelled withina a few months because of these changes anyone agree?

N

NightFlyer

"What's the difference? Players were buying their simoleans anyway and making some 'private parties' fairly well off with their purchases."

Not all players were buying simoleans. I have never purchased simoleans. I won't be purchasing any from EA either.

And if you believe the amount of given to subscribing accounts is sufficient for all the fun you need in the game I say GOOD for YOU!

Personally I don't think $500 a week divided amoungst all sims on an account will be sufficient to maintain my level of fun.

I am happy to "work" the money objects as long as the pay is worth the effort of skilling and my time.

I don't see this happening in the future of EA Land.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

These so-called improvements are about as useful as putting perfume on a pig.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Thanks, I needed a laugh. And I agree with you.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I predict the game being cancelled withina a few months because of these changes anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

ME!

F

frogger2

with almost 80% of orriginal founders and 4+yr old sims gone and just new curious players hanging around i agree with that....i had promised myself i will stay just to see how impresive Ealand will look and see if i can even get in lol. frogger of AV is neerly done skilling ide hate to cancell now...but if things dont improve soon...im killing at least 1 of my 3 accounts lol. if they dont advertise the new tso...regardless of us true hard core players....i do not see a 6th yr for poor tso. at least star trek online will be here soon enough lol.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference? Players were buying their simoleans anyway and making some 'private parties' fairly well off with their purchases.

Why shouldn't that money stay with EA?

If people are paying their accounts they will get an automatic allowance.

People that are playing freebie account won't get the allowance. So they opt to either make their money or buy it from ea. Who knows, EA might make more money off of simolean buyers then by subscription holding players.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that the money should be paid to ea, but the difference is that we did not have to buy any simoleans to play before

i really hope ea does not make more money off of simolean buyers. that could be a signal of our having to be dependant on them to enjoy the same level of gameplay. with starting money and payouts lowered while lot prices are through the roof and building not lowered at all, i worry and it certainly paints a picture that this is the plan.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Current land prices in TC3 are high. But Luc has already stated land in EALand will be very cheap in the beginning. I expect land prices will be tuned to population. As the population increases and less land becomes available, then prices will go up. They are still fine tuning the economy levels in TC3. What we have today is not set in stone. I've already created a page regarding food costs that need to be adjusted on the wiki. Is anyone familiar enough with the current expansion prices to make recommendations for reductions there?

Cost of objects, clothing and recharging your spotlights have been drastically reduced already. You will no longer be living in world that requires millions to get what you need or want. It's all just a matter of scale. Many players in TC3 have remarked that prices and wages seem more realistic and in tune with the real world now.

I for one, don't expect to be purchasing any simoleans with real cash. I haven't had any trouble earning simoleans for everything I need in TC3 yet. I'll let you know when it becomes impossible.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

I for one, don't expect to be purchasing any simoleans with real cash. I haven't had any trouble earning simoleans for everything I need in TC3 yet. I'll let you know when it becomes impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

with respect, did you start with more than 100 simoleans, before payouts went down and lot prices went up?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Current land prices in TC3 are high. But Luc has already stated land in EALand will be very cheap in the beginning. I expect land prices will be tuned to population. As the population increases and less land becomes available, then prices will go up. They are still fine tuning the economy levels in TC3. What we have today is not set in stone. I've already created a page regarding food costs that need to be adjusted on the wiki. Is anyone familiar enough with the current expansion prices to make recommendations for reductions there?

Cost of objects, clothing and recharging your spotlights have been drastically reduced already. You will no longer be living in world that requires millions to get what you need or want. It's all just a matter of scale. Many players in TC3 have remarked that prices and wages seem more realistic and in tune with the real world now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luc also said that land prices were supposedly to be cheaper during the day hours and at night they'd rise, I guess at EA it's ALWAYS night time? ;-p

Yes they're still fine tuning TC3. Each update we generally see further pay cuts or object disabling entirely, rarely they reduce prices of other objects, but it doesn't matter because even at the reduced rates it still is a major PITA to try and earn money anymore. YES it is becoming VERY evident that EA now realizes what many simolean seller had done for years was very profitable and now they are trying to cash in on that be it a little too late.

No we no longer need to have millions, but just making hundreds became so much more difficult, which BTW the need for not having millions was forced to be less because of the lack of payouts to begin with.

I personally do not find this *new* economy to be anything remotely close to real life..

I'm glad you've never purchased simoleans many sims do or have, but then many here have always claimed not to, but i know some sellers and they always laugh and say "yeah that's what they say, but if they could only post some web receipts and prove them to be well not quite telling the truth", lol......

It's also nice that making money is easy for you, but there are far more that find it more difficult and thanks you for being a great authority on the subject and offering to tell us when it really does become difficult we appreciate that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

with respect, did you start with more than 100 simoleans, before payouts went down and lot prices went up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am sure she started in TC3 the day it launched and at 10k and maybe more if she has multiple accounts in tc3. NOT to mention having a good few months at earning wages at the old city rates before the great tuning that has happened, not these newer reduced rates. That said ANY sim could have found it easy to earn money and have plenty stocked up to last for quite some time too.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Yes they're still fine tuning TC3. Each update we generally see further pay cuts or object disabling entirely, rarely they reduce prices of other objects, but it doesn't matter because even at the reduced rates it still is a major PITA to try and earn money anymore. YES it is becoming VERY evident that EA now realizes what many simolean seller had done for years was very profitable and now they are trying to cash in on that be it a little too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you been living? price reductions on objects have been happening every week. I know this because I have to reprice everything in my store every week.

G

I thought of something else that needs to be reduced drastically if it's not been yet. I haven't played in TC3 much, since they took away my pinata, &gt;:( to know if they have reduced the cost of repairs. Repairing crafted objects and other big stuff in game costs a lot and needs to be adjusted accordingly to match the peanuts they expect us to live on.

I don't think it's fair of anyone who started at $10k and normal payouts to compare themselves with a newcomer to TC3. There is no way in hell they can get anywhere in any short amount of time at the rates of today. The developers need to realize we play this game for fun, and for many of us that includes having a nice place of our own to call home and all the amenities we want. We don't mind working for what we get, but it has to be in a reasonable amount of time, not months and months and months of mind numbing boredom working for pennies to earn enough to buy a lot. They expect us to buy money from them, simple as that. I am sure many people will do it, at least for a while, but.. unless they add some game to this virtual chat room they are creating, it will be very short lived. They are taking away all the "game" TSO had and so far, they have replaced it with pics on sticks, you may be thrilled to sit and chat about those little pictures, but I find it boring as hell.

The top 100 list never should have worked the way it does. It should list as a phone book, no #1 spot. Didn't they say at one point in time they were going to change that? I have never been one who aimed at the top of any list. I don't really care about bonuses, but I realize for skill houses, they counted on that money as a way to help keep the fridge full. If they are forced to charge for buffet, that is going to keep new sims out of skilling, they simply won't be able to afford to pay for the 2 or 3 plates of buffet it will take every time they need to green for long enough to gain the skill to earn enough to buy some more food. It's a never ending circle, all this just makes me want to hit something really hard... stalks off to find a pinata in the old neglected cities where TSO still exists.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Luc also said that land prices were supposedly to be cheaper during the day hours and at night they'd rise, I guess at EA it's ALWAYS night time? ;-p

No we no longer need to have millions, but just making hundreds became so much more difficult, which BTW the need for not having millions was forced to be less because of the lack of payouts to begin with.

I personally do not find this *new* economy to be anything remotely close to real life..

I'm glad you've never purchased simoleans many sims do or have, but then many here have always claimed not to, but i know some sellers and they always laugh and say "yeah that's what they say, but if they could only post some web receipts and prove them to be well not quite telling the truth", lol......

It's also nice that making money is easy for you, but there are far more that find it more difficult and thanks you for being a great authority on the subject and offering to tell us when it really does become difficult we appreciate that.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, nobody was forced to buy any of those siomoleons, they did so because they wanted to. The game ALWAYS provided a good income for people that wanted it.
In fact a new sim could spend the entire 5 years of TSO's existance without having to spend a single simoleon. Free food, free services, whatever. It's just when they wanted something more that they had to stick a crowbar in their wallet and pony up some bucks. They more they wanted, the more thay had to earn - and if they didn't want to wait, there was always the option to buy.
As far as making money - I don't see a whole lot of people working the money houses lately. In the past week, since CC died down, I have had exactly 3 visitors (other than my roomies and personal friends) on my lot. The other lots don't show a huge population either. So if money is such a huge worry, why aren't more players taking advantage of the money houses? Answer: They are still taking advantage of the generosity of the skill houses.
But that will change.

"Step into my parlor".......

heheheh