• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TOO MANY CREATIVE SKILLERS!

G

Ok, so I admit that I skill creative, why? because it makes the most money (besides pizza....if you have a good team). The devs want us to make use of all of the money and skill items instead of just one yet I don't see the payouts on things evening out either. Why can't all money objects pay the same no matter what your skill is? Why do money lots have to have 25+ typewriters to get any people in? Why do skill lots HAVE to have creative skilling to get people in? Other money objects make beans and that's pretty sad because in TC3 we already get paid beans in everything anyway. If you want us to use more of the objects, even it out please! It's so boring when everyone has the same job, uses the same money items and skills at the same places. Half the time you have to fight to get into a money house or skill house because they are all full while skill houses that do skills other than creative sit lonely with one or two people including the owner lol. Typewriters and Painting easels are getting all the fun while all the other objects sit there, wasting away. Anyone else agree?

G

Typewrites have long paid the best, but it was never fully utilized until DC. Now they do it because we have less locks and everyone wants serenade. So in TC3 you maybe can blame the mad crazy serenaders.

The good news is Luc is making it possible for EA to change the pay on anything while the game is live. This will bring us dynamic pricing. Ultimately it could be that from noon to 2 typewriters pay more, or from 4-6 gnomes pay more. I love this idea, but it gets mixed reactions from the community.

K

Keep It Real

It was not highly spoken of from the opinions of the players in the money houses I visited today either. Only time will tell if it betters the game or not.

G

But it was one of the complaints about Dragon's Cove. They were supposed to be able to tune money object payouts server-side (without the need for patching the client-side game) yet only did it once, maybe twice. All the while Preserve by far paid the most.

I'm glad to see they have figured out a way to incorporate dynamic object payouts.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I am in total agreement with you. How are sims going to progress in this game?, By making money and we're going to work at whatever pays the best. It doesn't mean we have to enjoy typing or painting, its just the fact that we are going to get our moneys worth in with those objects. Another thing that is steering sims into that direction is the lack of properties that skill body, mech, logic...ect. being open. I personally would love to see a mech or body house open up. You can bet that's where i'd be.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I think once EAland opens and there is a large population of older sims with more maxxed skills, I think that probably many players will make use of more of the different money objects.

Money object adjustment tools being used by dev's will be put to good use once there is a large, diverse population of sims.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

But it was one of the complaints about Dragon's Cove. They were supposed to be able to tune money object payouts server-side (without the need for patching the client-side game) yet only did it once, maybe twice. All the while Preserve by far paid the most.

I'm glad to see they have figured out a way to incorporate dynamic object payouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I see what you are saying here, my production city sims are all maxed on skills so it really won't matter much afterall.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think once EAland opens and there is a large population of older sims with more maxxed skills, I think that probably many players will make use of more of the different money objects.

Money object adjustment tools being used by dev's will be put to good use once there is a large, diverse population of sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

and what about the newbs who dont have older super maxed sims? they get shafted and most likely quit after the trial because they start with near no money and have a much tougher time trying to succeed...

so many new sims come to my lot asking what to do and how to get money etc and complaining how the game sucks and they cant do anything.. I send them all to the pub LOL

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and what about the newbs who dont have older super maxed sims? they get shafted and most likely quit after the trial because they start with near no money and have a much tougher time trying to succeed...

so many new sims come to my lot asking what to do and how to get money etc and complaining how the game sucks and they cant do anything.. I send them all to the pub LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When players first start a new game, do they quit the first day because all the 'old established' players have more baubles and bucks than them? I wouldn't. I would try to figure out how they got it and then do the same.

Why would new players to TSO quit just because their sim isn't born rich or with fully maxxed skills? Most new players to games are pretty much on the bottom of the food chain and should expect to work their way to the top. And I venture to say that if they have that short of an attention span, they probably would quit anyway.

I have often refered 'new' newbies who stop off at my house 'begging/complaining' to busy money houses (generally where my alternate happens to be.) Because even if they don't have the skill, if you have a maxxed sim making money along with you and a good number of sims doing that same thing along with you, it doesn't take long to build up a nice little bank account. And things cost relatively nothing in TC3 so in a night or two of typing they can have themselves a nice beginner lot and a few items to furnish it.

I would also like to point out that even though I have a sim with advanced locked in skills, it doesn't mean I can find places where there are hordes of people doing pinatas or gnomes. Sometimes it's faster for my big sim to just join the little guys doing the typing.

It's all just part of the game. They either want to play the game or they don't. Soon there will be atm machines and they won't have to visit a money house at all. That really is what they want I think.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

It is not true that creative skills and typing makes the best money.

With a team of 6 co-workers in the top level of robot factory we can clear 4k each in a single work day. 40mins of play. You do not have to have your skills maxed out to reach the top of the job tracks. You can actually reach the top of the robot factory track with 10pts of mech and 10pts of logic. Only a total of 20pts are needed and you are given those the day you create a sim. Keep in mind there is the possibility of death in the robot factory so there is risk involved and you cannot be guarantted 4k every day you work.

If you use those 20pts toward creative skills then the top payout is what? $300 per story? Each story takes approximately 4 minutes. So in a 40 minute time frame you can make about $3k if you have 12 other sims typing right along side of you.

Working with a team of just 3 in the diner job track you need only 10pts of charisma. I have managed to make that same 3k in 40minutes waiting tables with two other players.

I haven't played pizza with a fully skilled team but I have managed to clear $2500 plus per round of pizza in that same 40 minutes of green time. I suspect the pizza machine falls in that same 3k-4k range with a max skilled team.

Why are their so many creative money houses? Because newbies are told by everyone they need serenade first and foremost. Once they have invested all that time into getting their serenade, they are left with few choices to make money. Hence they all head to a creative money house to type stories.

Out of the 12 sims I currently have in TC3, only two have serenade. I've managed to live just fine without it.

G

I know that everytime that I bring in a new SIM, the first thing that I do is start jamming those piano keys. I use the serenade for friending. I brought my fiance into the game she have her working on that too. I feel Creativity is one of the priority skills (Just my personal opinion). I have a method to my maddness though.

My old Maxwell House used to have maxxed skill on all skills, and tagged with another mass skill simmy, would pull betweek 3 and 4 k on the logic boards and pizza betweek greening sessions.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Keep in mind that friending is no longer as important as it used to be though. We no longer get a bonus of any kind for having alot of friends. You do not need friends at all to make money on job objects. The only place you need friends is the job tracks and you don't need hundreds of friends for those. lol.

Goals of the old game have changed along with all the changes happening in TC3. Many are not aware of the changes taking place and continue to play by old rules.

G

I just opened up a skill house in TC3 that is geared towards mechanical and body skills. You should stop by sometime, it's called Mech N Whoes.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Keep in mind that friending is no longer as important as it used to be though. We no longer get a bonus of any kind for having alot of friends. You do not need friends at all to make money on job objects. The only place you need friends is the job tracks and you don't need hundreds of friends for those. lol.

Goals of the old game have changed along with all the changes happening in TC3. Many are not aware of the changes taking place and continue to play by old rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything will change once EA Land opens anyway. Skills are not going to be as big of an issue anymore. Just for those that like working the jobs ingame and most people left in the production cities are older sims with lots of locks. Skillling will only matter to the new players then.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything will change once EA Land opens anyway. Skills are not going to be as big of an issue anymore. Just for those that like working the jobs ingame and most people left in the production cities are older sims with lots of locks. Skillling will only matter to the new players then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point. A new player would be better off spreading their skills out and working jobs than maxing creativity. So why do people still insist on teaching new players creativity and serenades are most important thing in game?

G

This is why I was told you needed high creativity:

High creativity=serenades

serenades=better host

better host=more people

more people=more money via tips or whatever

more people=better reputation

better reputation=run more than 1 lot and KNOW people will show up

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is why I was told you needed high creativity:

High creativity=serenades

serenade<font color="red"> = lazy guests </font>

better host=more people

more people=more money via tips or whatever

more people=better reputation

better reputation=run more than 1 lot and KNOW people will show up

[/ QUOTE ]

There all fixed !!

Funny thing is that we managed to do all that for years without serenade as it is used today.

The best time was when we first started using it - as a real treat to help people stay green a bit. It was never expected and was always massively appreciated.

Serenade actually got really popular, not so much because it was the sign of a good host, but because it helped people build karma and friendship points and get to the top of the friend lists. Somewhere over time that got translated into serenade = a good host - probably around the time that everyone started complaining about being "friended" whether they wanted to be or not.

You can be awesome host without ever serenading everyone imho.

Polly

G

I was meaning that is what I was told when I first started playing almost 2 years ago. *shrugs*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was meaning that is what I was told when I first started playing almost 2 years ago. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods* for the first few years serenade wasn't used like it is now.

I think you've just proved Gracie's point beautifully, you were told that as far as two years back. Since then its perpetuated and these days new players are advised to get serenade before they do anything else.

Polly

G

Yes exactly, its all about the serenade. I have stated before that I wouldnt mind seeing energy taken out of serenade, especially since friend bonus doesnt matter anymore. I still miss having a reason to wear my jammies.

So anyway Polly and Gracie are right, the rules have changed and we have to learn to play differently. As the devs play with dynamic pricing I suggest we all try to change to the high pay item and see how it goes. Lets really test this out. This also means explaining this to new players so they can understand that things change daily in EA Land. I look forward to a world that keeps me on my pixalated toes.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I've even run across new players that have been taught the only way to get social is serenading. And we know that's nuts!

When TC3 opened, I was quite aware of the serenading society in which I lived and the first thing I did when I entered the city was buy land, open store, stock it with guitars. My roomies and I had no problem building up our money and stocking store with other things after that

When jobs arrived in TC3 I thought I would go nuts at the robot factory because everyone wanted to serenade me between rounds. Ok so a little energy boost now and then is good for work but it took me forever to teach these serenading fools we need comfort and fun too! For that matter you don't even need serenade to give your co-workers energy. A good ole fashioned freak dance or sultry dance will boost their energy too.

Many are unware that if you sit on a green sofa while studying you don't need serenades to keep your energy up. In a house full of people your social never drops below the halfway mark just because of so many in house. I really don't understand how this serenading got so out of hand except for the friending of afk people.

G

I was at a creativity place yesterday in TC3. The lot was full and someone was playing the piano upstairs. In the room next to that piano were the only beds on the property.

I was quite amazed to hear her say as she sat playing the piano something along the lines of "I need songs up here", she may have said please, I'm not certain. The owner/roomie happily obliged and went out of their way to go upstairs to serenade her.

I can understand an owner/roomie wanting to create a great environment for their guests and be welcoming, but imho its sad that new players are being led to think that to be a good host you have to be at your guest's beck and call and cater to their every whim. Even sadder that new players are being led to believe that is perfectly acceptable to expect others to green their sim for them at someone else's inconvenience when actually it would have been quicker if they greened themselves.

And about the green sofas - strange how we don't see that many in TC3. I only hope that with CC someone will be able to recolour and retexture them and they'll retain their energy giving feature.

Polly

G

Yesterday I saw several people demand songs and when we suggested beds they said but I need social. Why arent we teaching new players that sitting in a chair and complementing someone gets social too? I suppose its easier to demand attention then to quietly take care of your own needs. In a full house social never gets uncomfortably low. Remember Polly, when we prepared to go to DC? We had a great time testing all the actions to make sure we knew what gave what to what degree. I still think hustle is the best as well as bench press. Do new players even know that different actions have different benefits? Its up to all of us to teach them.