• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tomorrow's update info!!!

G

Updates to Test Center 3 and EA-Land Version 2.1588.0.0 1/30/2008
Posted in Uncategorized by Greg on the January 29th, 2008
Hello,

Tomorrows update is going to affect all cities because it involves login. There is lots to communicate so please read carefully. (We reserve the right to add or remove items in the next 24 hours)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If tomorrow’s update goes well, Thursday 1/31/2008 noonish we will:

Set all cities except TC3 to paying players only.
Disable character creation in all cities except TC3 and EALand
Close down all moves.
Enable moves from all cities (except TC3 and Betaville) to EALand, aka the bullet train. (Rember the bullet train is with out simoleans and properties.)
Updates to all Cities:

Subscription: The ability to immediately recongnize when you become a paying subscriber is now fixed.
Updates to TC3 and EALand:

Custom Content: You will now be able to upload custom sculptures using the crafting bench. This will be similar to uploading chairs, but you click on “Sculptures.”
Custom Content: Selection for chair comfort is now max comfort 10.
Custom Content: The sandwich board is now the first skinable object. Drag and drop a picsicle over a sandwich board and see what happens.
Custom Content: New confirmation dialog added.
Windows Mode: Default resolution is now 1024×768. If you want 800×600 use -r800×600 on your shortcut command line.
Map View: Default view is far, far zoom. (We don’t have a name for the far far zoom. Suggestions?)
Map View: Far, far zoom now highlights buildable areas.
Map View: Last lot pointer now correctly points to last lot in other buildable areas. (Meaning, it now shows the last property you were in.)
Name Filters: Updated to forbid certain names. (Ha ha! If you didn’t have the name before, its too late now! If you have the name now, we’ll change it, and we get to pick your new name.)
ATM Object: Improved graphics and fixed clipping issues.
Updates to TC3:

Graphics: Various graphics updates and fixes.
Free Player: Only able to have zero size lots, and will not be able to resize. This is a work in progress. More changes will be occuring regarding free player restrictions.
Tomorrow we are going to bring down the cities as early as possible. We will work as fast as we can to bring them all back online. Barring any issues we hope to be fully operational quickly. I will be prepping as much as possible tonight to help speed the process. Once I have an actual timeline I will update here.

Cheers,

Lee

(Parentheses by Parizad.)
(FFL)

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Thanks for finding that and posting it, Nars!
Sounds great!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Map View: Default view is far, far zoom. (We don’t have a name for the far far zoom. Suggestions?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Global Zoom?

G

<blockquote><hr>

You mean today's update? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so too, but the post does say "by THURSDAY we should", so maybe the update isn't gonna be today like we thought, or maybe it'll go to TC3 today and EA Land tomorrow?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was posted on the blog on the 29th January. Today is the 30th.

Polly

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was posted on the blog on the 29th January. Today is the 30th.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was.