• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tokuno / Doom Stealables....

• Thread starter imported_JediSith
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_JediSith

I am creating a Doom stealable thief thats also my Treasure Hunter. I have a few questions..

1) To Steal Tokuno/ Doom Arties - Do you need Snooping or is this just for stealing from other players?
2) Are you able to log in/out of the Stealable room whenever i want too, or is there a timer on how long you can stay there?
3) Any advice on the items in the doom stealable rooms or links i can look at...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Not trying to sound like a jerk]
You may want to ask in the rares collecting, or treasure hunting forums. This is strictly a forum for pickpocket thieves.

But to help you a bit, no you don't need snooping unless you're stealing from other players.

S

ShadowJack

Blacky is right, but I think that rule should be changed. The 3 post a week we get could handle a few more less adventurous thieves. We should handle all topics stealing, T(hief)vP(layer), TvC(rate), TvF(loor), and all other variants

If we could get enough of us unionized we could possible get dev attention and get some positive changes made.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't bother me either way, frankly every thief I've ever had has always been a lockpick as well. I'm not above stealing from town crates, often times they're less dangerous & more profitable than other players. I never really understood why Doom thieves were being pushed to the rares/t-hunter boards. Stealing's stealing in my book.

S

ShadowJack

That just shows how fun stealing from players was. It was a profanity to steal any other way.

(Even though I would hit up the occlo nobles for quick cash from the weps/arm they carried)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, no argument there, there's always that extra rush when you're stealing from another player. Whenever I get on my thief I become a totally different person. It's a totally different play style than any other class. But if you're putting the work into working stealing up, you might as well join the guild and start looking for other players to rob. Otherwise you're missing 95% of the whole thief experience.

I

imported_sbom

<blockquote><hr>

But to help you a bit, no you don't need snooping unless you're stealing from other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and even then, you don't actually necessarily need snooping. You can still target-steal (click on character) and steal a random item from bag...but of course, you don't get to choose what you steal

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there is that method too. I tend to forget about it though, because I've always been a snooping thief.