• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tokuno Boat

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any issues you find with the Tokuno Boat

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I double clicked the wheel to begin piloting the ship which I could do fine. However I got "moved" to a part of the boat closer to the wheel that you can't normally walk on, and when I went out of piloting mode, I was basically stuck. (Fortunately, I was close enough to one of the mooring ropes to click it and it took me off of the boat)

M

Maltyr

This happened aboard a Tokuno ship with the classic client. If you stand at the very front of the ship and double-click wheel to take control, and then turn the ship east or south, you can't see the wheel on your screen anymore, even with object handles up.

If your ship were then boxed in by other boats and couldn't turn - and you'd used another item so a "lastobject" macro wouldn't re-use the ship's wheel - there seems to be no way to relinquish control of the ship. Even logging out and back in wouldn't remove me from mouse piloting mode.

EDIT
To BTeng: Thank you, that worked. I just double-clicked myself and was able to release control. I must have overlooked that part when reading about the boat controls - looks like the only problem here was my own confusion.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:lol: wheel = saddle on horse. so you "mount" your boat to take control using wheel. to dismount you click yourself.

how funny :lol:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't find where to put this, So here is good.

In the EC Client boats do not load at times, They appear like that.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my cannon on the prow fell beneath it after I drydocked and replaced my ship.

thankfully it can be dismantled and replaced, but I thought I had lost it for a second or two

M

Mehelenya

Till now, everything was fine with my Tokuno Boat, but there is a little thing that should be fixed. When peoples goes Fishing in Deep Water and leave their Fished up Stuff on the Water, your Large Ship stops and gets blocked by even small Fishes.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i thnk the wheel on the tokuno ship needs to be easier to see, its hiding a bit under a railing. make it more like the garg ship wheel

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fished up items on the deck of the ship blocked it's movement near cannons and the hold, as well as items tossed overboard next to the vessel. Next morning after coming out of drydock storage, found the dockmaster returned my boat with a hole in the floor of the bow! Trying to patch the hole where I now see the sea, I am informed my ship is in pristine condition!

T

Tancred RedStar

While the Cargo Hold uses the same gump image as classic boats, it really needs to be larger if people are going to be throwing fish and other loot into them with the booster.

Also, dropping fish onto the Cargo Hold lid on the deck will not let you put the item into the Cargo Hold as with the "classic" ships. Right now, you have to open the Cargo Hold and drag/drop the item into it.

Getting walking access to the poop deck would be a nice feature as well, even the forecastle to boot.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While the Cargo Hold uses the same gump image as classic boats, it really needs to be larger if people are going to be throwing fish and other loot into them with the booster.

Also, dropping fish onto the Cargo Hold lid on the deck will not let you put the item into the Cargo Hold as with the "classic" ships. Right now, you have to open the Cargo Hold and drag/drop the item into it.

Getting walking access to the poop deck would be a nice feature as well, even the forecastle to boot.
Agreed. And I was able to walk over the cargo hold but my friend couldn't...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While moving I managed to drop heavy fish out of pack on floor. Boat moved few tiles and fish stuck somewhere at back. Result is stopped boat, fish under back of boat at unreachable location.

Only way to unstuck is "turn left/right" command

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Sailing via voice commands and moving so that map would update, ship facing West, I crossed a server line and black holed.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sailing via voice commands and moving so that map would update, ship facing West, I crossed a server line and black holed.
Yes, this has happened to me several times. I have to recall out and back in to fix it.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Also happened while entering Corgul's area.

Remedied by logging out/in.

It doesn't happen every time though.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sailed near north side of ice island, facing west, last command was "forward right".
About 2 screens after server line crossing I lost boat. Cant locate in on recall. Cant place any other boats. Dockmaster telling me "bring it closer"

After relogging I allowed to place another boat.