• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

token redeem codes are afu...

Robtsan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If your purchased token etc. Codes don't work, it is because uo issues the codes in the wrong sequence....they should be 6 places then a dash and the rest 5 places and a -....example...xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx...
Paying attention to the 1s, l, L...they can be hard to differentiate...the in game gms'...do not seem to be aware of this. I found out this info from Broadsword after complaining about problems redeeming tokens.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The code format was something that was suppose to be fixed over a year ago. It was wrong for a very long time, and you had to manually change them. But now the format you receive the code in, should be the same format you use enter it in with. Just straight copy and paste.

Robtsan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As of yesterday the format was still afu...spoke with broadsword
They agreed, and told me how to correct...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Interesting. I haven't had to change the codes in a while now. Copy/paste has worked just fine.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You might have copied and extra blank space at the end of the code from the e-mail you received.
That sole blank space would prevent the code to work in the way it was delivered in the e-mail.

Robtsan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Uh...no....the format was mixed up not matching the prescribed format and in two characters not five. Those of you who have not had an issue....I am glad for you...like I said previously broadsword acknowledged the screwed up, on their part...after I sent a copy of three codes that I had received on 2/16 and 2/17...
It can't be any simpler or mysterious than that. Jeez there really is nothing more to read into the problem. If it was my f***up I would have no problem acknowledging that. Just trying to pass on info...

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think anyone is calling you a liar. We are just trying to be helpful problem solvers is all.
Sometimes some problems can be sorted out fairly quickly, before all the Chicken Little's show up.
Hopefully this issue gets fixed, and hopefully its not effecting everyone globally.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Indeed I was not challenging your claim. There was a stickied post for a long time about this issue, and it was unstuck when the issue was supposed to be fixed. If it is occurring again we may have to dig it up or post a new guide. ;)

Has anyone else experienced this lately?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have been able to use the codes in the "wrong" format for a long time now.

Probably user error....

Robtsan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sorry chief....not user error....if you have nothing positive to add....well, enough said...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I can say is I bought a token three days ago - copied and pasted the code as it appeared on my purchase screen, no changes, got it instantly
EDIT: Ok, I needed another token anyway, bought it just now - again, copied code from purchase screen, pasted with no change in format into "help" and "promotional code" on character menu and it worked instantly

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hate to pile on, i picked up 3 codes and they all worked fine, just copy and pasted.