• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Today Marks My 9th Year Playing UO!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just logged in and got prompted for my veteran rewards. Gosh its' be great. I started playing in 2002, but alas, I quit for several years. When Age of Shadows was came out, I went to Doom, got to the ferry, and someone made a Skeletal Dragon appear. It made my White Wyrm go wild and someone killed it. It was the first WW I ever tamed, so I was quite aggravated.

After I had quit, I would still check stratics forums and look up stuff about the game. After playing a free-shard for about a year, I got that UO bug and reopened my account. About a month or two later, I fired up a second account. Great Lakes was the first and only shard I played on. Then, in or around 2016, I made a couple characters on Siege. I love both places & can't decide which one I like better, so both of them are my favorite.

UO was the first MMO I had ever played. I love it! I tried WoW & it was a pain in the ass to be honest, so I stopped playing it. I tried EQ and EQ2 - hated them. Then Elder Scrolls Online came out. ESO was good, but nothing compared to Ultima. Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2 were and still are great in my opinion; but comparing NWN to UO is like comparing apples to oranges. NWN has that toolset you can build adventures with, so I cannot honestly compare them. I've always compared MMOs to UO & nothing measures up to it.

So to wrap it up... I LOVE ULTIMA ONLINE!! Other than NWN, UO is the best game I've ever played. And I pray that it stays around for eons to come. I don't care if people call me a fan-boy, I couldn't care less. This game rocks and I love it.

Peace out!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont you get the Polar Bear now? Congrats

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does Davies Locker do? Also, what do the work benches do?
Locker stores T maps and MiBs. Also shows coords that are near the treasure. Very nice.

Work benches are animated devices that take the place of crafting tools. You have to charge them with the tools. 1 bench per trade.

They are large, so you need room.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sit on your rewards. In five more years you can get shard shields, and then $hit gets REALLY fun! ;) :)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sit on your rewards. In five more years you can get shard shields, and then $hit gets REALLY fun! ;) :)
Can you make it where you don't have the "you've got veteran rewards" nagging you every time you log in?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you make it where you don't have the "you've got veteran rewards" nagging you every time you log in?
No. But I click it so unconsciously that I have to log in two or three times when I want to look at the choices.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No. But I click it so unconsciously that I have to log in two or three times when I want to look at the choices.
I always get worn down by it, cant imagine putting up with the nag every day for years :)

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist has a button to hide the rewards gump. Not sure about the EC. If you use neither, well get used to closing it manually. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UOAssist has a button to hide the rewards gump. Not sure about the EC. If you use neither, well get used to closing it manually. :)
I'm so used to closing it manually that when I actually want to get a gift I have a heck of a time and usually have to log out and back in 3 times before forcing myself not to click the close button on it right away.

TheWolf

Adventurer
Pretty much this.

I did choose 1 davies locker. But all the other crap, is pretty useless crap. Commodity deed box, and soulstone about the only other useful items. Those can be bought from other players, or the store though.

108 months down, only 70 more to go before you choose something useful