• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Today is the holiday "Brialla's Journey"

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 28th of January is known as Brialla's Journey in Ultima Online and is considered a holiday. Here is some information about it:

Brialla's Journey
UP : Britannia

Many years ago, long before Minoc was established as a true city, one woman dared to map the northlands of Britannia.

Brialla of the Seven Tears (one of the elder monk orders, which would eventually be the cornerstone of Empath Abbey) was a woman of undeniable strength of spirit.

Each member of Her order was required to commit to a personal quest for knowledge.

She chose to map the unknown darklands of northern Britannia.

Without shoes and clad in only the brown robes of her order she charted, recorded, illustrated, and kept an invaluable journal of her travels.

It was she, in fact, who first discovered the rich mineral deposits in the mountains by Minoc.

Every year, on this date, we celebrate her journey by donning the robes of simplest brown, and walking, barefoot to the town of Minoc.

Once there, all followers should celebrate, discuss their memories of Brialla, and create new stories based upon her legend.

You can find this information here: http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/history.shtml

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...sadly I found this thread a bit late. I find it VERY interesting though. It has long been a thought in my mind to put together a single place that someone could go to view/read of all the events of Ultima Online. Me for instance first starting playing about a month before the invasion of Britannia...Spring of 05' I believe? I think that event covered every single shard, so that is an example of what would be included. Events that are Shard-specific though would be left out. I found it interesting that Lord British was killed by a regular player, and eventually led to the creation of the Leggings of Embers. Stuff like that. And the destruction of "Old" Haven. For that matter...wasn't there a time "before" there even was a Haven? Ocollo or something? Ugh, sorry for my poor UO history.

Thanks for tuning me in Vallend. =-D