• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To whoever doesn’t know much about Shroud of the Avatar. Please Read :P

Eliane_ATL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Howdy seeker of adventure!
If you open this thread it means you want to know more about Shroud of the Avatar (SotA) right?

Won’t try to explain it myself as the SotA dev team already did a great job! Refer to the text here:
Few know the tales of the dark times, much less what happened before them. Since the great Cataclysm 400 years ago the world has slowly recovered but much was lost. Now the Dire Prophecies are beginning to come true as the world is flooded with Otherworlders.” – Arabella

Journey to the world of Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues, a computer role playing game created by Lord British (aka Richard Garriott), creator of the genre defining Ultima series of computer games, Starr Long, director of Ultima Online, and Tracy Hickman, author of the Dragonlance series. It combines rich story, like those of the single player Ultimas, with deep and varied multiplayer experiences, like Ultima Online.
Players will adventure in an interactive world where their choices have consequences, ethical paradoxes give them pause, and they play a vital part in weaving their own story into the immersive world and lore surrounding them. Play options will include solo, friends only, or open multiplayer via the Selective Multiplayer system. Players can specialize in a wide range of combat and non-combat skills, provided by a robust, classless skill system, and full-featured crafting and housing mechanics.
Shroud is crowd funded and that allows the developers to work directly for, and with, the player, versus working for a large publishing corporation. Shroud is also crowd sourced so players can submit Unity compatible content (art, sfx, music, world building, etc). Once submitted content is approved the submitter can choose to be compensated in real or virtual currency.
Built using the Unity Game Engine, Shroud of the Avatar will support Win/Mac/Linux for official launch at the end of 2014. Backers gain early access at the end of 2013.
Is that description gave you more interest about the game? No?
I got some video here that could help.
Initial Trailer:

3 months demo:

6 months demo:

Then now are you a little bit more knowledgeable about the game?

If you do, and you want to show it, please take a bit of your time and money to help funding the project! Here is a small guide HOW-TO:
1-Go to the SotA website: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/
2-Make an account:

SotA1.jpg

SotA2.jpg
SotA3.jpg

3- Now you have to pledge so here I show how:

SotA4.jpg

Pledge Menu:
SotA5.jpg

Here is an example how to fill the form:
Your First Name: Brad
Your Last Name: Fraser
Your eMail: [email protected]
Refering SotA friend’s eMail or user ID: 1095
(please don’t hesitate to write me as your pledge friend referral with my user ID 1095. (Refering SotA friend’s eMail or user ID: 1095) I am working very hard to make the community grow.)
Shipping: Depending of your region…If USA first tick and if international second tick.
Level: I would suggest Adventurer – 45$ as it is the cheapest to get access to Alpha & Beta test.
AFTER having written all those information hit the Continue button as shown here:
SotA6.jpg
Following this I won’t put all screenshot as it is personal information.
If you get it by credit card it is similar except there will be credit card information field.

4 – Now if your pledge if finish you will see a message on SotA website screen:
“Congratulation ….” If you can’t see that and you see an error message, no worry, you can do the process again and as long as the system didn’t properly worked they won’t take your money.
5 – You are finally done! Congratulation and welcome to SotA community!

To follow the latest update I suggest you to use the site:
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/
If you want to talk to community and participate there is the chat channel:

The IRC-based chat. Keep in mind, this is still work in progress. Anyways, if you want to use a dedicated IRC client, the server settings are: irc.arg-irc.net, port 6667 (or 6697 for SSL), channel #SotA

There is also the forum accessible via apps “Tapatalk” or website:
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php

NOW the part I need YOU is if you loved my little introduction about SotA, please don’t hesitate to write me as
your pledge friend referral with my user ID 1095. (Refering SotA friend’s eMail or user ID: 1095) I am
working very hard to make the community grow. You can always get me on the chat room as Aldric. I am a very
sociable person and will be glad to help you get into that awesome community!

Thank you VERY MUCH! Hopefully we will see soon!

Last edited: