• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To what extent can looted items be modified?`

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Is there a particular order that these things must be done? Or should be done?

I know that with Imbuing and PoF you have to do PoF first...
Depending on how much resources you have, do you have forged tool of artifacts.
Even depends on crafter profession : blacksmith have +60 skill hammer which improves your chances greatly, other professions don't.
First you try all out.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Is there a particular order that these things must be done? Or should be done?

I know that with Imbuing and PoF you have to do PoF first...
Enhancing with special materials should always be the last thing you do and you should always use the forged tool to do it.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Enhancing with special materials should always be the last thing you do and you should always use the forged tool to do it.
Not agree. 60% fire weapon can be bronze enchanted with +60 hammer (to have 180 skill) . Success rate around 70% for me. Same for 70% cold and 80% energy. You get 100% elemental. Blank 100% elemental cost way less than one charge.

Enchanting something really good (Reforged/imbued or looted) should be done with forged tool. This you can do after imbuing. Like 150 to 190 luck armor.
Just keep tool price in mind.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
or if your reforgeing
craft
reforge
pof
imbue
enhance
?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For example a whetstone to remove the damage increase property.

Imbuing.

Reforging?

What else?
Can not reforge looted items that have any properties above base resists.

Imbuing has weights. Also can only get five properties. So can only imbue looted items that have less than five stats. Also if you imbue a companion property the others drop. If you find a weapon that just has 100 hml and imbue hll on it. The hml will drop. Also imbuing ssi would drop leeches.

If you find a ring with SSI and less than 3 other properties you can imbue it.

Looted items can refined and enhanced.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Also you can reimbue slayers. Lesser to another lesser, sometimes it can be handy.
And you can reimbue hit spell : hit dispell to hit harm for example. All possible only if imbuing weight allows this and weapon has 5 or less properties.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This once again a failure of crafting for me i should be able to imbue anything on anything the cost should be high the odds low but i should be able....and being able to remove unwanted properties is desperately needed ala whetstone (why nothing for range weapon?) Again make it expensive in materials etc etc..take the random and no out of crafting...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Or if you are like me you Imbue then pound on your desk after you realize you forgot PoF yet again for the 100th time :)
This is why I am storing my POF (bottles and barrels) in same box where my unraveled essences , gems and forged metals are. And not packing all bottles in barrels. Just to remind me to POF it. Hope it will help you.

Reactions: dvv

gwen

Slightly Crazed
This once again a failure of crafting for me i should be able to imbue anything on anything the cost should be high the odds low but i should be able....and being able to remove unwanted properties is desperately needed ala whetstone (why nothing for range weapon?) Again make it expensive in materials etc etc..take the random and no out of crafting...
I want this too every time I see almost perfect legendary. But it is not a good idea for the game in whole. We have predictable imbuing with limited intensity and have random looting where limits are way higher. This is pushing us to go and kill mobs e. g. to play the game.

Reactions: dvv

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want this too every time I see almost perfect legendary. But it is not a good idea for the game in whole. We have predictable imbuing with limited intensity and have random looting where limits are way higher. This is pushing us to go and kill mobs e. g. to play the game.
I agree but no other skills in ultima are random imagine uf fighting was like crafting or spellcasting yet we just accepted burning through 12 runic hammers to get the one property we wanted..