• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] To train as gargoyle - or not?

B

Boogieman

I'm just beginning to get a grip on the various aspects of imbuing.

One of them is how to train. Gargoyles have an inherit bonus, which basically means they have to make slightly more difficult stuff than human and elves to obtain a given level of imbuing.
But to train the skill on a non-gargoyle character and then later stone it over means getting two 120 scrolls...
So the question is: Is the difference in the resources required to train a gargoyle and a human/elf large enough to justify obtaining two 120 scrolls?

:confused:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just train to 115 then switch to gargoyle and train rest of way thats what i did

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
two 120 imbuing scrolls is 1000 magical essense, I had that much from just using my paladin filling a unraveling bag with dropped looted whenever I take them hunting. Right now I only have my imbuer up to 99 and I have over another 1000 magic essense which I still do not need to use for training yet.

If you have the time I say go for it

B

Boogieman

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I'll go with Storm's idea for a start. Then if I find I have a surplus of essence, I can always convert it into a second 120 scroll.