• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To the Thief: A tale from Charon

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
“My dear Charon, of course I realize who you are and your role in the Underworld.” Persephone exclaimed. “I am merely saying that we are newlyweds, it would be lovely if we had some time alone. I’m sure you understand That much, you are Suppose to be some sort of genius or something right?”

“Oh, Persephone, you underestimate my abilities here. I am quite certain you do not fully grasp the scope of what you are demanding of me. It is my duty to act as Guardian here, if you banish me to the Mortal World, what sort of mischief will befall you?”

“You are being rather dramatic I think! I am not going to ask again, Charon! I want You Out!” she said with a stomp of her foot and a huff before turning to leave the chambers.

“You want me out, eh princess? Fine, I will soon reveal a whole new level to my displeasure. You only thought I was weak compared to your great and mighty Hades. I will show you, little princess Persephone, that my powers to wreak havoc are greater than His!” he said to himself with a sinister chuckle.
With a puff of smoke and the faint smell of sulfur the demi god Charon, the genius of the Underworld, prepared for his fun at the expense of Persephone. He was well aware of her antics with the Humans and thought to use her again to play tricks and rain down evil on their heads in her name. Oh the fun he would have!

He snuck into the chambers of the great pantheon of gods and goddesses procuring items that were unusual and valuable from their private collections. As he was placing the last item in his satchel Zeus entered. With a bolt of lightning and his thundering voice he commanded a search for the thief who had looted the gods of Olympus!

Barely escaping with his prizes he felt the need to alter his plan slightly. He would make copies of items and place them around the realms. He would then drop clues to their locations enticing thieves to come retrieve the valuable bounty. And when the thieves thought it was safe to reveal their locations he would send his own menacing guardians to play and torture. Now should these thieves be wise enough in the ways of wicked gods they would bring their own team of warriors to act as protection. Then it would be necessary to add more of the tricksters to make sure the Humans earn their prize! What a marvelous mess indeed!

The last thought he had before laying out the strategy was to give the thief presence just enough information to draw them in, and with that the trap would spring! Another sinister chuckle could be heard faintly in the darkness as Charon went to summon his witch messenger.