• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To the person who stole from my house...

D

DVI

While it's my fault for not securing my chests, it doesn't change the fact that what you did was wrong and you should have more respect for individuals especially when in their house. I'ld gladly accept the items back without any questions, but I doubt that will happen. Of course be made aware that if I find out who you are you will be banned from all of my houses, and any events I hold, as well as all the houses of my friends.

I would say that you may have done this to protect me from incurring a loss but since you didnt bother to state who you were or contact me I can only assume you did this out of greed.

D

Dark Druid

WTH why are people in this game so greedy that they have to steal from other people.

M

malathius

sorry to hear that some one did such a thing to you, if they be man may there testicles turn gangrene. If they be a woman may they spend the rest of there life working the unmentionable part of town.

C

Clyde

*a note hastily pasted together with newspaper and magazine clippings*

Yes, it is your fault for not securing your items properly. Especially since the default setting is "owner only". What occured was not wrong, since the house was public, and no private access was granted to the individuals that pilfered the items. There was no breach of trust, since no agreement (access rights) was made between you and the culprits.

I attepmted to contact you, in game (the only way I like contacting others) to discuss the return of the goods i have in my possesion. You did not respond. I made several attempts to find you at your Luna houses, also with no success. I will gladly meet you in game when it is convenient for the two of us (location TBD). You may ask all the questions you want of me, but don't be suprised if I dont answer all of them ;). Based on some of the other items for sale at the festival, the items I have are quite valuable. Would you like me to list any of them?

Now, before you consider me a total jerk, I consider you one of the foremost experts in UO rares. I enjoy reading your posts and admire your passion for UO. I am a scoundrel/rouge by profession (in game) and only filling my niche in the UO society. I will try my best to be available prior to close of the festival.

I would say that I may have done this to protect you from incurring a loss but, admittidly, there was a greedy smirk on my face. I was reminded of how my profession used to be... Please respond in this thread. I am sure folks will want to see this story unfold.

*signed in red crayon*

Clyde

D

DVI

I've recieved one note from someone by your name inquiring if i would be interested in some items you have in your posession, I do have a house message board though which would generally be the best way aside from icq to get a hold of me.

I dont particuarly have any questions of you i openly admit i was foolish enough to fail to secure a container, and someone took advantage of that, but it doesnt change my desire to have my items returned.

C

Clyde

The note you received, under the tree, was from me. Those are the items I have in my possesion. I will tell you straight up, there were other items in the container that I did not take. I snatched only the items I thought would be somewhat irreplacable.

It was brought to my attention that Lady Mab was accused of taking the items in question, on your message board. Now I do not know the details behind the accusation, but I think I might know why. In the unsecured container, there was a book. In that book I left you a note that warned of the unsecured container. Her name was the original name on the book. The name must not have changed when I used it. If this is the basis for her accusation, please reconsider. I have met Lady Mab. She is of outstanding character.

I will try to check your message board at your house. Is it at your vendor house just east of the Luna moongate?

*signed in red crayon*

Clyde

D

DVI

I had originally thought lady mab had taken them to protect me, and inqiured about it but she confessed ignorance, and i explained the note, after having rexamined the situation i came to the same conclusion you have regarding the book.

I will be in game periodically today and shall leave a message regarding what time i may be available on mymessage board at the first house to the south when you walk out of the east gate within luna proper.

C

Clyde

DVI you are very upstanding member of the LS community. I am glad we could come to an arrangement for the return of your goods. I am certain that any future business between us will start on better terms.

Respectfully,

Clyde

D

DVI

A sum of appropriate compensation was negotiated and exchanged for the return of my former posessions.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All is well that ends well.

*makes notations of what transpired*

B

butthead owns

thats so stupid basicay he stole u junk and u had to pay to get it back LOL!:lame:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*thinks the :lame: smiley is sooo :lame:*

wait...I just used it too! God how :lame:!!!

B

Blade_Thugluv

thats so stupid basicay he stole u junk and u had to pay to get it back LOL!:lame:

well i like DVI but honestly it kinda is his fault for not securing the items right. I am glad that he is getting his stuff back.

I have robbed houses on most shards this week and was shocked to learn how many people dont secure chests and bags. I have sent ICQ's to the ones that had icq on house sign or in a book or message board because i am more the happy to return items.

the ones that havent i am watching the boards for posts. otherwise after 30days im xsharding items if its worth it or giving to noobies in game.

I have also been stealing Fish off peoples walls who fail to lock them down.

Call me whatever you want but if the person came forward i would return it with a friendly warning. After all its not illegal. And it serves as a strong reminder to make sure your stuff is secured. Thats why EA made secures and settings and such so only those you want to get into your stuff can.

DVI Grats on getting your stuff back.. I have not hit any houses on Lake Superior. No chars here anyways hehe.

~Blade