• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To the People of Great Lakes..

• Thread starter themaster879
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

themaster879

Please do not buy any ethereal cloaks here because i have seen people getting scammed left and right because they buy them from someone in town that says they are selling one and then gives then a normal cloak dyed black. There is only one real one anyways but if you want to buy this item please have the seller put the cloak on a vendors paperdoll for sell. I know this will be moved but i think the good people of Great Lakes need to know what is going on at the bank.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

please have the seller put the cloak on a vendors paperdoll for sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Selling items on a vendors PD is illegal and can result in a 3 day ban+

just an FYI

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

just an FYI

[/ QUOTE ]

Whos going to page on you if you make the deal in private? Certainly not the seller because he initiated the vendor and certainly not the buyer because their cloak would probably be removed. Its a lose/lose.

Its the only safe way to buy this particular item even though it is a dupe and therefore should be deleted onsight in the first place.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

just an FYI

[/ QUOTE ]

Whos going to page on you if you make the deal in private? Certainly not the seller because he initiated the vendor and certainly not the buyer because their cloak would probably be removed. Its a lose/lose.

Its the only safe way to buy this particular item even though it is a dupe and therefore should be deleted onsight in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the point is, that its illegal to do, its an exploit, and if you wish to go around using exploits then you can do that at your own risk but i know most ppl would rather not do that, putting items on PD for sale bypass's vendor fees.

and the buyer could very well page a GM, it only takes a cpl mins for a GM to show up for that one and all he does is move the item to the vendors bag...soooo, the buyer would get the item and possibly get the seller banned, so it all works out good for the buyer lol

T

themaster879

But there is no way to tell the difference between a normal black cloak in the trade window and the ethereal cloak. This is the only safe way to buy it. i do not personally sell things from my vendors paperdoll and i did not know this was illegal at all but just earlier today i saw someone get scammed at brit bank after i tried to warn them. i hate when people scam others and i am only trying to let the good people know what is going on :/