• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] to scroll or not to scroll

E

elspeth

I am finally up into the 90s with my imbuing training and I was wondering if I should be using the 120 scroll right away or wait till I get almost to gm. I feel like this shouldn't matter but I seem to think I've read some people say that gaining can go faster if your cap is higher especially for crafting skills. Is this true?

thanks!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gains seem to faster when I've already eaten the 120, but eitherway, I don't see any harm in eating the scroll now.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am finally up into the 90s with my imbuing training and I was wondering if I should be using the 120 scroll right away or wait till I get almost to gm
Hi mate, is there a guide you have been following to train imbuing? I'm about 86 at the moment and have been following the guide in the Craftsman's Data Chest but now my gains seem to have come to a halt.

I'd really like to get up to 120 but was wondering if there is another method, as when I follow the sticky it just eats my gems and residue!

E

elspeth

DJAd, I have been following Basara's guide in the data chest just as you though I probably got all the way up to about 85 just on unraveling loot alone.

If you are not getting any gains by following that guide then I would check the following things

1. make sure you aren't at the total max skill cap (700 for new player up to 720 for 4yr or more old account). If you are at the cap then choose some skill that you don't want anymore and turn its arrow down. Apologies if this one is an obvious "duh" one to you but just want to make sure.

2. make sure you are following the guide correctly, post your method perhaps, make sure you are not imbuing more than 20 times per item. etc etc. The guide does work so if you aren't getting gains at 86 then you are bugged or you are doing something wrong.

3. Vary the success chance percentage that you are imbuing at. I was trying to do some at about 49% success rate and didn't get many gains so I changed and did an imbue that was at a 54% success rate and I got a LOT more gains.

Good luck!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The gain window increases for any skill by the amount that the scroll is above 100.

So, for skills whose gain window is 50 (for example, smith - tailor is similar, but you get half the gain window for free, as you start at 50% success instead of 0%), you get an increase in the window for any item of 2.5 skill for a 105 scroll (up to 105% success chance, though it only displays up to 100%), 5.0 for a 110, 7.5 for a 115, and 10.0 for a 120 (120% success chance).

IF the skill window is 40, then the additions are 2.0/4.0/6.0/8.0 for 105/110/115/120.

Nearly all scrollable skills are either 40 or 50 windows.

The window for unraveling is 70, according the last reports. And, all the different modifiers and weights for crafting make the calculations for imbuing hard to understand, unless you just go get one of the items that TELLS you what your chance is, and alter your process to keep the item in the "Optimal" range.

Remember - the high cost imbues should be done ONCE PER INDIVIDUAL TARGET. the 18-19 successful imbues at the end should be 1 residue & 1 gem each, and done where they fall into the "Optimal" range.

You don't Imbue item "A" 20 times with high luck, then do item "B" (or items B-T) 20 times with 1% LRC. It's EACH item 1 time with the luck, THEN each item for 19 successes with the 1 LRC