• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To kill a thief

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind a Thief stealing from me (although I died yesterday when I went to use a smoke bomb and had none when a few minutes earlier I had 18). It's when you kill them to get your stuff back that you lose karma and get a message about killing an innocent that really frosts my assy!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind a Thief stealing from me (although I died yesterday when I went to use a smoke bomb and had none when a few minutes earlier I had 18). It's when you kill them to get your stuff back that you lose karma and get a message about killing an innocent that really frosts my assy!
I thought they were impossible to kill?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not nearly the same satisfaction as killing those pancakes thieves!
The first time I went to a invaded town, I had exactly two things in my pack that could be stolen. Bandages and a Lady M Corroded Axe I had just bought to pass off to a new LJ I was training. The first thing lost was my stack of bandaids and about 5 minutes later was my new axe. So there I am with a half trained pet, no bandages and my new axe gone. Fortunately it was Brit and right beside the tailor shop, so replacing th bandages was easy enough. It was off hours for that shard so it took forever to mop the spawn up and finally the titan arrived and four of us killed it rather quickly. I was most pleased to see the message "A item stolen from you has been returned" :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
pancake thieves, haha

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Be interesting to see if the items are returned if another thief (PC) steals from the NPC thief.
I've been trying to steal from them, and can steal from all but the NPC Guards that turn into thieves. Not had anything of much interest, lots of bandies, apples, potions, and not a lot else.
Anyone else tried following them around?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Be interesting to see if the items are returned if another thief (PC) steals from the NPC thief.
I've been trying to steal from them, and can steal from all but the NPC Guards that turn into thieves. Not had anything of much interest, lots of bandies, apples, potions, and not a lot else.
Anyone else tried following them around?
Yes. You can steal from them items they stole from players, but they are still returned to the original owner upon the titan's death.