• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) To Grow a Christmas Tree, it takes a Shard.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings Siege,

While the poll I posted has a few days left, the resounding vote is for before Christmas.

We will focus our shard-wide effort on wherever the tree resides between December 21st through 23rd. Then, everyone who gives the elf a bod will be rewarded with a gift on December 24th. In order to supply the non-crafters, shard visitors, and all around busy in rl people with bods to turn in, many citizens are setting up stewards at their homes, filled with ready to go bods. See the bottom of this post for a list of steward locations!

Now, with a little less than a week and a half, here are some ideas to prepare yourselves.
- Want a red present instead of a green one? Go on a pixie slaughter, and tank your karma! Gift designs are based on your karma level
- If you have spare skill points, consider raising tailoring or another crafting skill to .1 in order to gather 3 bods of that type per day, and turn them in to a crafter friend to help!
- Crafters, get those lbods ready! They are apparently crucial to maxing the tree out. Work with other crafters to trade or buy small orders that you may need, and bribe up whatever you can!
- Visit stewards daily to gather as many bods as you can! Every bit helps! Each steward will give you one bod per character, per day, when you say the keyword.
- Steward owners, please put your keyword in your stewards name!

Here are all of the steward locations I could pinpoint, if I have missed yours, please post and I will add it to the list. Let me know your character name, approximate house location, etc etc. I can't remember all of you :p If you like posting screenshots, go for it. And as for those visiting the stewards, take a moment to appreciate the homeowner's deco and enjoy the fact that this is also a showcase of our homes!

In New Magincia
-Chargar's Coffee House, Middle of town near the fountain, in front of the focus circle
-Razz's Cottage on the East side, along the coast
-BabyDoll's Shop, first house north of the Docks
-Holden's Shop, Northside of Town, above the flower garden and Vernia Market

Outside of Umbra
-Kelmo's Umbra Hub, just outside the east exit of town

Moonglow
-Garth's Lighthouse, in sight of the moongate, to the SE slightly

Out in the Wild and in Safe Haven
-Luka's Castle, accessible from Petra's Abyss house, which can be accessed from Kelmo's Hub or BabyDoll's Hub. Luka has an amazing castle, and will also have a steward with BOOZE!
- Lupe's house in Safe Haven, by the crossroad's guard towers, healer's wing.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just so I'm clear this time, is it lbods that grow the tree, and small bods that get participants the gift ?

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty much Garth. The tree appears to grow based on the bankable point values of the bods turned in. Since lbods have a higher percentage of bankable points, they grow the tree better. But any bod turned in counts as an entry, therefore resulting in a gift if the tree is maxed.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, I forgot to stock my steward, I'll get to it this evening

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But any bod turned in counts as an entry,
That part, I'm not sure about, could be the count of chars who participant that effect how many gifts and the chars who turn in most banking points have a bigger chance in the raffle if treed is not finished.

Kyronix said:
"While it is necessary to get to the final stage of the tree for everyone to get a reward, it is not required for some to get a reward. The point thresholds are scaled such that there is a much smaller gap between the earlier levels than the later levels. Also, keep in mind that your chance of getting a reward is directly related to the value of the BODs you give to the elf. What this means is if you've turned in 5,000 points worth of BODs you are going to have a much better chance than someone who has turned in merely 100 points. Also keep in mind that someone is only eligible for one reward each time the festival is run, and that the point thresholds relate to a percentage of the participants."
Can Anyone Tell Me The Rewards from The Elf/Christmas tree

Last edited:

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the whole point of this event is to take the tree to the maximum level again, so that everyone gets a gift. We know how to do it now and what it takes. I don't think it's going to be that much of a struggle.

This is from the actual publish notes,

As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so I'm clear this time, is it lbods that grow the tree, and small bods that get participants the gift ?
It works on the point baking system, so small bods, especially low value ones, give next to nothing. You get "entries" into the drop based on the value of the bods you dropped, small or large.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That part, I'm not sure about, could be the count of chars who participant that effect how many gifts and the chars who turn in most banking points have a bigger chance in the raffle if treed is not finished.
I think it's just a lottery, and you get a number of entries based on the value of the dropped bods. I don't know how many it gives out though. The more people the less chance for everyone until it's max.

Last edited:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pts needed for each stage of the tree 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K
so we need 31,000 in pts total
click the BOD and it will tell you the pts for it.

I have about 30 LBODs for tailoring that I am missing many of the smalls for - I can make them available to anyone wanting to fill them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have 35 filled large, some tailoring, some smithing, I have 6 more to fill.
All in all 4700 point

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have about 30 LBODs for tailoring that I am missing many of the smalls for - I can make them available to anyone wanting to fill them.
I may have some of the small bods for them, lets look at it tomorrow, late for me now.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello siege! Our tree is in Skara Brae!

We have until Friday to feed bods to the elf, but our tree is already at stage 3! If you want to participate, now is the time!

ps. my steward with filled bods might be moving north across the road to Singularity's keep, if you go looking and can't find it

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well done Siege, now all remember to turn in a crappy bod to get your Christmas gift from the Elf

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this the last tree we are taking a stab at making it all the levels or are we gonna make another run?

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I'm out of lbods, plenty of smalls left though

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is this the last tree we are taking a stab at making it all the levels or are we gonna make another run?
I'm not going for more trees, need to relax a little with family the Christmas days :)