• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To Golden Brew Alumni

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two quick things!

1. Hi to all my past UO friends and family. The Golden Brew lives, in other mediums and aspirations, and it is thanks to everyone here that we can say we shared a common treasure. Thank you.

2. Leyf and I are trying to reconnect with some of the former Golden Knights and allies while we still roam this mortal coil. Ursula, Joshua, Grey Holland, if you're still out there, drop me a PM. Same goes for all of you who put up with my sloppy attempts to keep a good thing going: Amber, the one and only Sir Nick the Beardless(?), Duchess Wildstar (for whom I have mad respect and to whom I think I still owe an apology for a horribly-run easter egg hunt when we first met) and the dark lady Cymidei (to whom I owe renewed apologies for an epically screwed up cross-guild event but whose renewed patronage of our absinthe supply was never forgotten). Lindae, who kept me constantly questioning the nature of my reality, and ... umm... now I feel really awful but our neighbor to the south who knows who she is who put me through epic paces negotiating a neighborhood alliance and whose rendition of Santa, Baby I will NEVER forget, even if senility is grabbing me and names are gone....

I miss you all and hope you are well.

Brytt Heathard
Golden Knight
Alemaker
Retired Artistic Director, Golden Brew Players

Last edited:

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail.
OOC: In various forms I've been a Golden Brew Player and a Golden Knight.

If y' can find pictures from the Seattle meet-ups, please post 'em.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Is there still a Golden Brew? I thought our realm was over run with vicious Girl Scouts and farting goblin hordes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Brytt! You were always, repeat, always a positive influence on Baja and have done so much for the shard. Thank you for that. And you're back? For real? This is fabulous! Personally I would love to see plays being performed on Baja again and as Governor of Moonglow maybe we can talk about commissioning a play? There are many new faces on Baja and I bet some of them would love to be involved.
Welcome home!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(OOC: The Golden Brew was an amazing community and gave me some of the best entertainment I ever had on UO. I am filled with shame whenever I remember how I behaved on Baja. I am so sorry everybody, especially the Golden Brew folk [especially Kita] and the BRPA [especially Magdalena] and special mention to Amber Witch and Wildstar who have the patience of absolute saints, I was very unwell IRL and I dealt with it in entirely the wrong way by being horrible on the internet. You treated me kindly and you were all so lovely and I loved you all very much even though I treated you like crap. Thank you for the memories! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Also Brytt, your southern neighbour was Fern Goodfellow, possibly the greatest non-goblin RP character ever.)
ALLOOooooOOOOOoouuuuEEEEEeeeeee!! *hugs* Remember, we all have our moments and it's all about being good friends, having enough heart within us to forgive and carry on. Now YOU come back here. Tell Ivan... stay where he is!

And you have 2 friends that are waiting patiently for you. They, like the rest of us, are getting old. Don't wait too long.

Sariel and Semjaza.jpg

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for the replies!

James: I've sent out an inquiry on Seattle meetup photos. It was before my time, but I know who to ask. You were fantastic in Twelfth Night!

Cymidei: Not in UO. We are trying out another game in an undisclosed location and perhaps if we can get it up running, we will share more.

Duchess: Thank you for keeping Dawn alive. We remember.

Alouenikah: You are positively brilliant and I actually think VERY fondly of our time together. I have no memory of kerfuffles. You challenged me to think outside the box and were the inspiration for resurrecting the Golden convent, Father Duncan's School for Wayward Girls. I played around with unusual characters and tried to get into the method acting of each. The past is past, take the good memories and burn all the rest. Keep being brilliant.

Amber: :heart: :heart: :heart:. Miss you, old friend. And thanks--I always look back and wonder, so I am grateful to hear that. As mentioned above, I'm not back in UO (for now), because I just can't stand Mesaana's dismissive, snarky attitude, gratuitous unprofessionalism in our interactions, and pink coiled ice cream turd vision for Britannia, a world that was stoically and brilliantly medieval fantasy until she and other neon-orange cloaked EA hacks arrived, but that is my (strong) personal opinion as a player and shouldn't reflect on the attitudes of the Golden Knights at large, most of whom had no issues with the shadow queen. Maybe when her reign has ended, I will give it another go. For now, I'm just pleased to have been a part of building something special for people to enjoy. The township banner architect's hall, or whatever it is, in East Britain, was particularly fun to design and Mesaana actually got that one right. The night of the unveiling, we were all in tuxedos and formal gowns and it was a very smashing memory for me, because I wasn't around for the Golden Brew's early years and always felt a struggle trying to keep up with expectations. Thank you for the kind words and miss your e-face, in both our game time and our work for Stratics.

Last edited:

Rimlock

Visitor
Hey Brytt! It's Rimlock/Adaeth/whatever else I played. Glad to see a bunch of you are still around. Miss you guys a lot, can't believe how long it's been. I still to this day wish we could have today what we had back then. Ultima Online will always have that special place in my heart. If you guys decide to play again or play somewhere else, let me know! Hope all is well. :)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you still have your magic EM powers, could you put Captain Jenkins back at his fishing spot with his fishing pole?

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Great to see your name again, Seppo. *smiles*

Alouenikah

Caretaker of Sudiva
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(lol i love you too seppo, sorry for everything, i'm so happy you're still my friend!! anyway that's the last i'll post itt, sorry you've all been on my mind lately because i don't know any americans irl so when america is on the news down here i think of baja and i hope you're all doing okay in your lives and keeping happy through all the catastrophe and woe)