• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

to Draconi and the Devs, to Stratics, to Chesapeake Shard - THEY WIN

• Thread starter Belanos/Icicle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Belanos/Icicle

Four accounts: 126 mo, 58mo, 49mo, and 22mo.

Six years of rares collecting

Ten of helping those who needed help

Patiently teaching those who wanted to learn

Introducing new players to the realm

Preventing every scam that anyone tried to pull on anyone on my screen

Defending EA from naysayers

Waiting patiently for every bug fix, no matter how long it took, and justifying it by assuming that the fix was more complicated than it looked.

I've marked out every duper I could identify and tried to inform everyone who dealt with them of what they are.

But lately I've decided this: I'm sick of it.

99% of people in UO care about nothing but money.

I've tried to help people out, by giving them items and gear at very low prices, or often for free. And then the next day I'll see the very items I gave away on a vendor for millions.

With rares I've tried to only deal with people I know personally, or who have a good recommendation.

But no one cares about integrity anymore.

If someones willing to pay twenty mil than somethings worth, who cares if the buyer is a duper?

Its this attitude that kills me.

In the end, duping, scamming, cheating, whatever, its all about money.

So heres my deal. **** THEM ALL.

I sold every rare I own at a fair price, I don't know most of the people who bought them, and frankly I don't care anymore.

I took the gold I made (and there was a lot of it) and sold a large chunk of it for cash.

I spent some time researching duping with the -sole- purpose of posting the exact procedure on every UO message board I could find. I thought maybe this would at least take away the monopoly that dupers have by telling every would-be cheater out there how to do it, but the research proved to be nothing.

I closed every one of my accounts, and everything I have left is now in my keep on Chesapeake, south of dungeon Wrong in Fel, on the tip of the mountains as it curves around (name Palace of the Fallen Angel, owner Enlil).

This keep is filled with my unsold gold, a couple of event rares I was unable to sell, a lot of high end runic weapons, boxes and boxes and boxes full of rare items, leftover tokens, vet rewards, made-by/sewn-by clothing, player-written books, a couple hundred heritage tokens, chargers, a few replicas, about 50k silver, an item bless deed, a dozen clothing bless deeds, a ghost ship anchor, and I don't know what else.

Essentially, everything I've built up over the last ten years as a dedicated UO player.

To those of you who are my friends and remain in Britannia, sorry for this, you are the very rare exceptions to the rule.

To those who still have an ounce of honesty left in your soul, try not become like everyone else.

To everyone else, **** it. My keep will fall approximately three months from June 19, unless some bug causes it to idoc beforehand. Loot the **** out of it and dupe everything you can find, I really no longer care. Script loot all the goodies and leave the trash, and have that trial account script place on top of the keep location so you can show off your 1337 pvp skillz. Then go set up shop in Luna to sell all the gear that was meant for new players, and hopefully pull enough gold to buy enough silver to pwn someone. I bought a lot of high end runic hammers and never sold the resulting weps, instead keeping them saved up in case I or someone else ever needed them. Make sure to grab up the boxes full of twinks and axes and longswords and kats too.

I had a friend in UO once who I was very close to. He quit just a few years ago. I told him on one of his final days that I would be on Chesapeake until the server went down for the last time, and I'd be here if he ever decided to come back. I guess I lied.

I'm simply not going to deal with this anymore.

Whoever is reading this, go find a new player to scam out of his starting gold instead of sitting here in Stratics Forums.

I'm done.

oh, PS, ^ I won this unique rose on Valentines Day for the creative story contest. I considered it a memento of our former EM Tailspin, who was probably the finest of every EM, IGM, or Seer I've ever dealt with, and it was awarded to me alone. And it is now sold it to an xsharder at a price that was half of what I was offered by others. I hope this newest piece of Chesapeake history finds its way into the hands of a duper.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:(

Its sad to see long time players go, especially when they leave hurt and resentful. I am sorry for whatever happened to spur this decision.
There are good people and players in UO still. People who don't hack, dupe and scam everyone and everything they can.
Its a shame to see one of the honest people leaving. Best of luck to you in your future pursuits.

D

Divster

I spent some time researching duping with the -sole- purpose of posting the exact procedure on every UO message board I could find. I thought maybe this would at least take away the monopoly that dupers have by telling every would-be cheater out there how to do it, but the research proved to be nothing.
no sympathy for you for considering this, you decided that since u were fed up you would try and ruin more of the game for those you leave behind and disguise this petty action as "levelling the playing field"

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you well Sir.

Please do not go out like this. Please.

Pay no attention to the clowns that will find their way to this thread. They are so unhappy irl.

Please take a break and rethink how you leave.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course the OP wont go out like this. If the OP already canceled the account, they will be back regardless of what they said, lol. Most long-term players who say they are quitting always come back, lol.

D

Dragonchilde

You'll be missed, and you know it. those of us of DWxC will miss you terribly.

I just wish you hadn't xsharded the rose. :( I still remember your story. It really was the best. and I'll never forgive you for beating me, and am sorry I'll never have the chance to beat you again. I took my second place proudly.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen this guy post in the past. He's a genuinely rude person and the community will be better for his leaving.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
instead of letting everything fall, just sell your accts for rl cash. or try to. its hard because you cant do it here. when i quit they hadn't banned it on stratics yet, and i paid for a nice little vacation with the funds it created.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Nox, how's it feel to live in a city literally eating itself?

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Nox, how's it feel to live in a city literally eating itself?
Pretty ****ty, I wish we were doing better, I'd feel pretty sweet about owning a house at 20. :( But alas, foreclosure is my friend, and alot of other peoples enemy!

Z

Zyron

dude if u want a shard thats basically the opposite of what u just said

come to baja dude...

baja has a very nice community..
sure there are a few people who are jerks but the majority are great

please!!!
you sound like a great person and would hate to see one of the few good people left go..