• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To DEVs re: Imbuing Ingredients - Please, Keep them a SECRET

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been lots of discussions on imbuing by now with various perspectives voiced.

While you are making up your final decisions on imbuing, I have a plea, if possible, about the ingredients list.

Once you revamp the list of ingredients please, make it so that noone can know about them, until the expansion is released to the general public.

That is, that the ingredients that will be needed in their final list will STAY secret for all players, beta players and testers included so that NOONE will be able to get ready before hand hoarding them, before the expansion goes public.

For testing purposes you can just have barebones icons and conveniency naming (like ingredient 1, ingredient 2 and so forth) which you will then replace with the actual real ingredients and correct icons at release.

One of the bad things of having stuff tested is the head start it gives to some players which then puts other players, ESPECIALLY new players, at a gross disadvantage since the ingredients have already been hoarded for the most part.

Instead, if you are able to keep the list a secret, this won't be able to happen and noone will be able to hoard them.

I know it can be some extra work to protect the real ingredients identities, but it is for a good reason, to protect those new players who will come to UO attracted by the new Stygian Abyss expansion and all the new content coming with it.

K

Kiminality

The idea of a beta is to determine whether mechanics are:
1.) Working as intended
2.) Just plain bad
Already in beta, the materials were changed, because the initial design included peerless ingredients. I assume it was emphatically pointed out to them that this would, as you and so regularly put it, make the rich richer. Since a lot of players don't do peerless, and those that do will be the ones with the nice "phat loots" that they drop.
Right now, the ingredients are attainable by pretty much the majority of the playerbase.
If they change it again, whats to say they won't inadvertantly add an ingredient that only comes from fel champs, or something similarly out of reach to all but groups of players you resent.

Besides, the information will be available on just about every fansite within the week, so all the mystery will be dispelled.
The risk is too great, for what might turn out to be only a few hours of mystery.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been lots of discussions on imbuing by now with various perspectives voiced.

While you are making up your final decisions on imbuing, I have a plea, if possible, about the ingredients list.

Once you revamp the list of ingredients please, make it so that noone can know about them, until the expansion is released to the general public.

That is, that the ingredients that will be needed in their final list will STAY secret for all players, beta players and testers included so that NOONE will be able to get ready before hand hoarding them, before the expansion goes public.

For testing purposes you can just have barebones icons and conveniency naming (like ingredient 1, ingredient 2 and so forth) which you will then replace with the actual real ingredients and correct icons at release.

One of the bad things of having stuff tested is the head start it gives to some players which then puts other players, ESPECIALLY new players, at a gross disadvantage since the ingredients have already been hoarded for the most part.

Instead, if you are able to keep the list a secret, this won't be able to happen and noone will be able to hoard them.

I know it can be some extra work to protect the real ingredients identities, but it is for a good reason, to protect those new players who will come to UO attracted by the new Stygian Abyss expansion and all the new content coming with it.
LoL what is wrong with you? It seems to me that you have a problem with anyone who gets anything quicker then you do. For pete's sake man, get over it. I bet if the Dev's personaly called you at home and gave you all the "top secret" information about SA, you would be busting a gut and laughing at the rest of us. Stop being so dramatic go play the game.:twak: