• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To Chad and prospective thieves on Cats

G

I'd like to formally announce a Thieves Guild in Catskills. Thanks also goes to Mr. Sexington for the inspiration to start this guild. I've been reading this forum and uothief.com for awhile and have been training my thief for as long. After searching, talking, asking, pleading for a guild to join, I decided it was up to me to start the havoc.
Any thieves willing to suffer along with me, don't hesitate to contact me....
I've bought this tower and prepared resources to help train and suppliment new thieves as well.

[image] http://www.pichub.com/show/card/5968 [/image]

G

Well, i hope im a better thief than poster, i can't quite get my picture to load, sorry, hope i get responses anyway.....

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hope you get the guild off the ground. good luck. id come mess around but school is starting back up soon and i wont have time to play

G

Another note: as this is my first go at this, any advice would be appreciated!
(noticed there were no posts on "how to start a thieves guild")

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well my advise would be dont give up and just keep trying. it wont be easy because thieving/fel is not what it used to be. it can be done but it will take time and effort

as to starting a guild ive always been in guilds in which i just got to know the other members of. dont go out and just find people to join. go out, play the game and add people that you like, trust, and fit your play style.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

I'd like to formally announce a Thieves Guild in Catskills. Thanks also goes to Mr. Sexington for the inspiration to start this guild. I've been reading this forum and uothief.com for awhile and have been training my thief for as long. After searching, talking, asking, pleading for a guild to join, I decided it was up to me to start the havoc.
Any thieves willing to suffer along with me, don't hesitate to contact me....
I've bought this tower and prepared resources to help train and suppliment new thieves as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

My account it still open but I'm on one of my breaks.

Looks like you're taking my guild name, abbreviation, and charter.

Like I told someone else on another shard who wanted to do the same thing, I don't really mind as long as you do one thing. Have UO Screenshot utility running all the time and make stories of your own. That's just my thing. That's what I made all my guildmates do too. Just post them here or on my forums and I'll even put them up on my site.

You can start another chapter if you want. But if you don't do this, then... you're just another thief guild and you might as well name yourself something else.

Besides. The best way to recruit is start stealing and post about it.

G

well,I've not yet named the guild, and the abbreviation may stay, you might say a 'universal' thief sign now.... i don't have a charter, but i am modeling after you. i'm sorry i didn't talk to you before, i hope that i didn't offend you by using your [^^].... i'm not optimistic of many ppl coming forward to do this with me, there isn't alot of glory, but you have proved it's worth and that is that it brings us back to the game... i actually camped out at Napa, Luna Bank, for awhile hoping to see you and while i was there, YOU were posting on here! anyways, thanks for your reply, i hope that your break is short and we can meet in-game sometime....

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

well,I've not yet named the guild, and the abbreviation may stay, you might say a 'universal' thief sign now.... i don't have a charter, but i am modeling after you. i'm sorry i didn't talk to you before, i hope that i didn't offend you by using your [^^].... i'm not optimistic of many ppl coming forward to do this with me, there isn't alot of glory, but you have proved it's worth and that is that it brings us back to the game... i actually camped out at Napa, Luna Bank, for awhile hoping to see you and while i was there, YOU were posting on here! anyways, thanks for your reply, i hope that your break is short and we can meet in-game sometime....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not offended.

It's not like you went to a free shard, took my name, copied my template, and passed my advice as your own. (Like someone I found while googling.)

G

I stand corrected, I thought since I don't have a guildstone that I hadn't set any of that yet, guess i was wrong.... Again, I haven't done this before, so I wasn't aware of this information even being posted anywhere....

WELL, i guess i HAVE copied you, haven't I?? It is flattery at it's best (hope you think so at least)

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive never understood why people coppy others exatly. if you liek they idea run with it but do something to make it your own

G

well, i am doing it by myself, on another shard, without any input from anyone except posts by TWO people on this board. i've taken a name, an idea, that I thought was the universal name of our occupation NOT because it is creative, and used it because it was simply, and out of respect for the person that inspired me to rejoin uo after five years away from the game. Crap like worrying about what the name of a guild or being original or just posting criticisms is why alot of people get out of UO. I'd appreciate, AGAIN, input that is helpful, NOT something that is a waste of time reading and doesn't help anyone.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

well, i am doing it by myself, on another shard, without any input from anyone except posts by TWO people on this board. i've taken a name, an idea, that I thought was the universal name of our occupation NOT because it is creative, and used it because it was simply, and out of respect for the person that inspired me to rejoin uo after five years away from the game. Crap like worrying about what the name of a guild or being original or just posting criticisms is why alot of people get out of UO. I'd appreciate, AGAIN, input that is helpful, NOT something that is a waste of time reading and doesn't help anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you're going to take the name &amp; abbreviation and just do your separate thing anyway?

I'm going to say something that sounds like a rant. Its just how it is.

First of all, I am flattered. I'm flattered by anyone whose ever visited my site, read my stories, and enjoyed reading them. That's kind of the reason I started doing them. That's the reason I did them at all. And that's the reason why I did them for so long.

If anything, S|S is the universal thief sign.

I'm offended.. And I'm not. I'm offended because you're taking something that I spent a lot of time on and with and using it for yourself. Practically, if anyone ever did want to start a chapter on cats, they won't be able to anymore because you took it. I do get pms from time to time from people on other shards, but no one's ever stuck with it. I'm not offended because it's all kind of a video game and it all doesn't mean anything anyway.

The guy I mentioned on the free shard that took my identity... He pm'd me before he did. My exact words in my reply started with:

"I'd prefer it if you didn't."

He replied and laughed it off. Told me he was good at what he did and wouldn't shame me.

That wasn't the point and I should have said:

"No."

If you're asking me for permission to do it, my answer is no.

If you're telling you're going to do it and not asking. Fine.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i really don't care what kind of answer you want and if you cant deal with it this isn't the forum or profession for you. i still don't understand why you would copy someone else's name and guild exactly. use his idea to make a thief guild in todays game and make stories out of it. don't try and be him

G

This is the thieves forum... This is clearly a case of identity theft!

G

This all can be dropped. i've dropped the guild name, abbreviation, charter and everything. thank you all for turning something innocent, into something negative... exactly what uo players are famous for.... (although the theft of identity post is pretty funny)

W

Willy Stiletto

Yea.. to that post that chad mentioned about someone asking if he could use the name chad sexington as there thief but not actually be or pretend to be them.. well that was my younger brother.. that shouldnt have taken it hes been using my icq when i been off at work..and getting nto my computer to play.But needless to say he has been talked to and things have been taken care of.. So i do appolagies for any frustration you might have had Chad ... that name and all that has been removed and deleted he no longer is aloud to use the internet 14 year old kid.. always getting himself into trouble.. Sigh
I think lots of that was my fault too because i play a thief aswell and i showed him the forum that chad runs and i guess he got a little excited and wanted to be like him.. so i guess i should have known better not to have shown him.. not to mention that he would have even did what he did.. so again my apologies..