• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Titles: Huntsman of the Valley?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC: All of my characters have access to "Msafiri of the Valley." A few additionally have "Huntsman of the Valley." These are both under "Subtitle" "Monster."

What does an Msafiri have to do to get to be Huntsman?

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember reading about these titles, but I don't remember where, and now I cannot find it.

I want to say this has to do with the Shadowguard event.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dragon turtle is a champ spawn, don't most champ spawns earn you a title after X number of run throughs?

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dragon turtle is a champ spawn, don't most champ spawns earn you a title after X number of run throughs?
I was thinking that too, but I have a number of characters who have completed the turtle spawn with looting rights to the turtle and yet don't have a title. If the these titles were tied to the turtle spawn, you'd think these characters would have at least the title for killing the spawn. (From the UO wiki each champ should give 3 titles: one for spawn, one for high level spawn, one for killing the champ.) It doesn't appear the turtle is using the same game mechanic though. Or maybe it is and I just can't tell with my characters.

However, my characters that have gone part way through Shadowguard all have the Msafiri title available. None of these characters have made it very far into Shadowguard, nor have any killed the bosses. Two of them have never participated in any hunting in Eodon other than Shadowguard (and the Dragon Turtle, which leads me back to the above about the turtle.)

I swear I read the explanation of the titles in the patch notes or on the UO wiki, but couldn't find it now anywhere. I also clearly remember thinking, "the method used to get the huntsman title is not intuitive for me and not where I would think it would be, I should write this down...". Ah well.

Edit - Suppose I could test this easily by using a character that hasn't been to Eodon. But I am lazy.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn'tthe title "Msafiri of the Valley" come from the account age?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They're Dragon Turtle spawn titles. I've got Msafiri of the Valley on several characters which have done the turtle spawn and have never been to Shadowguard. I believe Huntsman may be a second tier title as only the characters with alot of turtle time under their belt have it. If it's consistent with other spawn titles I'd assume there's a third tier title but I haven't seen it.

Fun fact: "Msafiri" is Swahili for "visitor" or "newcomer."

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have both "Msafiri of the Valley" and "Huntsman of the Valley" on my tamer, who has done far more turtle spawns than sanity should permit. They are definitely champ titles, and I agree that there is likely a third level.

The Shadowguard title for completing the roof is "Destroyer of the Time Rift," even though you never touch the rift and Minax remains annoyingly alive. (The title makes no sense.)

The new veteran title (18th year?) is "Ascendant of the Guardian," another in a string of vet titles that make NO SENSE in context with UO. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have both "Msafiri of the Valley" and "Huntsman of the Valley" on my tamer, who has done far more turtle spawns than sanity should permit. They are definitely champ titles, and I agree that there is likely a third level.

The Shadowguard title for completing the roof is "Destroyer of the Time Rift," even though you never touch the rift and Minax remains annoying alive. (The title makes no sense.)

The new veteran title (18th year?) is "Ascendant of the Guardian," another in a string of vet titles that make NO SENSE in context with UO. :rolleyes:
This.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently thou must continue to fight the dragon turtle spawn repeatedly, for these titles "decay" with time.
Donnest thou thy best myrmidex fighter armor, and whirlwind weapon, step forth, and smitest thou the vast host of myrmidex.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder if they will eventually add 19th and 20th year titles...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interesting!
i use to have all the champ titles on my tamer and i just looked and i have none of the individual titles i just have a whole bunch of the "of evil" titles (harrower plus champs)

so my champ titles decayed and are all gone but my harrower plus champ titles are still there.

and....
on my mage i have NO titles listed under monster in fact the monster option isnt even there!
and he has done all the champs and harrower.

super strange.