• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Titan-Damaged Land in/near Skara Brae

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the damage to the Skara Brae stable and nearby land permanent, both in Trammel and Fel?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd say repair the stables (and make them LOOK LIKE STABLES while they're at it), but leave the rift in the land and the upthrust on Iver's Rounding. Get rid of the upthrust in the strait between Skara and Iver's though, since it makes High Seas ship travel between them impossible.

Also, leave the Well of Souls on Iver's intact for future content. (the lava inside needs to be blue in the EC though...)

@Kyronix

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never did play past Ultima 6, but wasn't Skara Brae destroyed in Ultima 7? Is that where the storyline is going?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never did play past Ultima 6, but wasn't Skara Brae destroyed in Ultima 7? Is that where the storyline is going?
It was destroyed offscreen between Ultima VI and VII. The original ending for Ultima IX saw it becoming an ark for a completely shattered Sosaria, but that ending was rewritten for the lame one we ended up with.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
funny this should come up today - last nite we had Governor's Meeting, and I asked Lord Blackthorn if perhaps the court mages had some magic strong enough to repair that land - he replied that it appears that it will remain

Callise

Journeyman
Citizen of Skara chiming in!
I like it the way it is. It is a reminder of how powerful a threat the Titans were to Britannia. People from all across Sosaria came together to fight off these terrible invaders and we were triumphant.
Long after the parade floats have been dismantled and the town folk are no longer cheering for us and our achievements, Skara's scar will remain. A silent reminder of who we are and what we can accomplish together.

Having said that, our Town Crier is now perched on the roof of the Provisioners. Hopefully one day she'll feel confident enough to come back down. But, since all our townsfolk are at 0 hit points, I don't blame her for staying as far away from the ground and danger as she can. At this point, a simple paper cut would send her to her grave.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about the phone booth in Britain? The devs don't care. If Mesanna likes it, it stays. THERES A F***ING PHONE BOOTH IN UO. That pretty much sums it up.