• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tired of the vagueness.

• Thread starter imported_Skrag
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Skrag

Sides are being chosen! Which sides? How do you choose? Beats me! Carrying blackrock might do... something! What exactly? Don't know!

I don't remember this level of confusion on the boards back during the original Trinsic invasion, or the old orc/savage war, or the event to save Yew when it got turned into swamp. As I recall, that stuff was mostly either self-evident or explained to the public.

But this? We've got some convoluted alternate universe time-travel story, and developers who do nothing but post odd vague little "clues" that mean basically nothing. Like we're supposed to sit there in alternate Moonglow joyfully unraveling the complex threads of the narrative in the middle of 4000 tamers and chiv archers trying to farm everything that moves.

If our choices in this event mean anything, you'd better let us know what they mean. Don't just come flouncing onto the boards after it ends and tell us "Oh yeah, beating up the ethereal snordfloks meant you wanted Moonglow to get blown to the moon, wasn't it obvious?" If our choices don't mean anything, let us know that too.

G

I concur. I have no idea what's going on. I see berzerkers fighting the fetid essences, dark wisps, and fallen warriors. The berzerkers destroyed Magincia for it's pride, the dark wisps tried to take the book of Truth from us. If I have to pick a side, I'd side with destroying the stuck up folks. Besides, the berzerkers don't hit you with AOE spells like the Fetids do, so I prefer them.

I

imported_Skrag

I think Berzerkers attack everything, even their own side, so we wouldn't really know what side they're on either way. If they're on a side.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think Berzerkers attack everything, even their own side, so we wouldn't really know what side they're on either way. If they're on a side.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen em attack each other yet. And the wisps, fetids, and fallens don't attack each other either. Still don't know what's going on. Trying to figure out how this story works.

"Let's detect blackrock and accidentally create an alternate Moonglow filled with creatures wanting to kill you."

How does the detector work anyway? They advertise to bring your blackrock to it and that's how they detect it? Relying on the blood, sweat, and tears of the adventurers who obtained it, luring them there and transporting them to some alternate plane to seize it from them?

I

imported_Sarphus

I think the threads the wisps drop will have something to do with choosing your side...

I've noticed there are a few different art sets that are used for threads. I suspect we'll have to draw something with threads of fate and threads of life.

The threads don't seem to be particularly common, though. I don't even have as many threads as half my swords or shields. I have more threads than robes, though, but only because I only had 2 pieces of BR

F

Fayled Dhreams

<center>

Oh!
you Don't want vaugeness

never mind

</center>

I

imported_Skrag

I'm not really in a rush. I don't really care if it turns out that we'll be doing X now, Y two weeks from now, and Z in a month, as long as all three are cool. I'm just tired of not knowing WTF is going on.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

I appreciate your frustration.

However, I'm also having a lot of fun and from an RP perspective....Well, it makes sense that we wouldn't know exactly, or even generally!, that's going on.

I also recall other events being criticized because we knew too much.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

G

If you don't like vague information, perhaps no information would be better? Because spilling the beans on how everything works is no fun at all. I wish there could have been more to be found out instead of getting hints like "Cast Armageddon". The BNN should be used more to pass out information than just posting here on Stratics.

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

I concur. I have no idea what's going on. I see berzerkers fighting the fetid essences, dark wisps, and fallen warriors. The berzerkers destroyed Magincia for it's pride, the dark wisps tried to take the book of Truth from us. If I have to pick a side, I'd side with destroying the stuck up folks. Besides, the berzerkers don't hit you with AOE spells like the Fetids do, so I prefer them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer, on LA we STILL only have fetids, dark wisps, and fallen warriors.

I

imported_Skrag

From an RP perspective you ought to be sitting outside the rift thinking of how to close it. Not running around some crazy pocket-dimension fighting angel thingies for no particular reason.

G

<blockquote><hr>

From an RP perspective you ought to be sitting outside the rift thinking of how to close it. Not running around some crazy pocket-dimension fighting angel thingies for no particular reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
I spent a lot of the actual event night talking to myself in the rift while everyone fought ... shouting things to the effect of this. I did see some other people snooping around just looking for clues. After I saw the conversation back in real-Moonglow, I went to the NPCs on Moonglow island ... Wexton and the Astronomer. Nothing new on either of them.

From a RP perspective, my character got bored and figured that the best course of action was to amass threads until later notice. &lt;.&lt;

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Galen's thinking is thus. There is no obvious way to close the portal. The things on the other side of the portal are obviously evil. Even the things that look like Ethereals clearly aren't; they have a demonic "aura" (the names) and you don't feel badly (lose Karma) after killing them. If we can go through the portal, perhaps so can they. Also, it's rarely a bad idea to kill as many evil things as possible. (Ethereal forms of the Shadowlords themselves are there!)

And I laugh at you skrag, because you clearly don't understand RP if you are telling me how my character should think, and what he should do on that basis.

Think about that for a moment and you will see how ridiculous it is. At least I hope you will.

-Galen's player

G

Yea, i agree. EA neesds to go hire someone from SquareSoft, that knows how to put a story together.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No please no, Squaresoft can keep all their emo hero storylines to themselves!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I want daemons on Catskills!...