• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Tip for imbuing 70's+

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

I haven't read this, though I am sure someone else must have thought of it first.

I'm trying to reduce residue use while training imbuing (and who isn't?), with my current skill in low to mid-70's. It's tough using only one residue per try at this level... until it dawned on me that I can imbue runic made weapons.

So, I grabbed a DC runic hammer and made a batch of GM daggers and tried imbuing them with luck. I found that I could imbue about half of the 50 I made, and had to unravel the rest. The rest I could imbue with +1 luck and keep the success rate in the range of 30% - 60%. I went through about 200 residue and made 3+ skill gains in a few minutes.

Next, I am going to try imbuing the low level loot that I have been unraveling.