• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tinkering BOD rewards seem subpar

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The need for tinkering runic tools is huge this simple fix would greatly help gargoyles immensely

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel like rewards for BODs could use some love and attention, but agree that tinkering needs more love than the others.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Depends on what you are looking for Keg is good to have also the maps and smelters Tallys are good but you need to check Smith BOD rewards because they also have the Tally and Map. Other than the Keg/Map/Tally IMHO there is nothing else there worth it.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’d love to know why we don’t have tinkering runic tools. If they don’t want us to be able to create certain items with magical properties (like non gargoyle earrings) then just make those items not able to be used with runics.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Beside Jewelery for imbuing and Tools what else does you Tink do, My Tink is for support of the other crafting skills and Rings/Bracelets for imbuing. You can't use a runic on the Magic stuff so what is it that a Tink makes that you would want to use a Runic on besides Rings and Bracelets and yes I wish we could imbue earrings

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
black moonstone is used in crafting Dr Spectors lenses & Kotl Black Rod
they sell for 8 M each (last time I did a VS)

higher price, because of the BOD points

(EDITED to add: most people don't realize this, because its not listed on UO Guide)

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Beside Jewelery for imbuing and Tools what else does you Tink do, My Tink is for support of the other crafting skills and Rings/Bracelets for imbuing. You can't use a runic on the Magic stuff so what is it that a Tink makes that you would want to use a Runic on besides Rings and Bracelets and yes I wish we could imbue earrings
Necklaces and earrings for gargoyle armor

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Tinkered Craftables – Ultima Online
Tinker Bulk Orders – Ultima Online
UO.COM has way better info when it comes to BODs and what a crafter can make.
when I did a search for "ultima online black moonstone"

the first thing that popped up was UO Guide
(it doesn't have the info that you can get it from doing BODs
but it does state that is used in making the glasses & the kotl rod)

uo's wiki doesn't appear when you type that in.
which is why i was posting that the info was missing from UO guide
(uo forums discussion is further down the page, but not the wiki)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm looking for someone to help on the Gargoyle side of crafting with the Crafting FAQs.

And, I've not had the time to work on the massive overhaul the BOD information in the FAQs need.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
nearly everything Gargoyle related not currently in the FAQ, and someone to do a real imbuing & reforging FAQ.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tinkering BODs get:

The Pof Keg
The Blackrock Moonstone
Maps for miners

The first 2 are very useful.