• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tinkered doors

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I ensure that these are locked down?

When I dbl clk on them they just open/close.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like anything else... if you want to make sure its locked down... try and pick it up each time. SOLVED! :)

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the stone work, you just double click the item to lock it down. With the metal doors, you have to actually lock them down, "I wish to lock this down". After they are locked down, then use shift-left click with your mouse to set the security level. You can always mouse over the door to see if it says that it is locked down.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried locking them down second. I get the message that "you cannot lock this down."

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, they definitely weren't locked down.

I had to go to rl work for a few hours. When I came back the walls I placed are all intact but the doors I left are gone.

UOSA0068.jpg

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I figured it out.

Apparently, the devs made it so you cannot lock anything down on TC1. So the walls work but the doors do not.

I tested it on my home shard and they worked fine.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I knew they weren't locked down. They would not lock down. I just got called to work and didn't get a chance to pick them up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't use crafted doors in a custom house, I guess they consider there are enough choices on the customize menu

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I figured it out.

Apparently, the devs made it so you cannot lock anything down on TC1. So the walls work but the doors do not.

I tested it on my home shard and they worked fine.
You should have mentioned the test center part. Can't lock anything down in the custom keeps or castles.:p

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have mentioned the test center part. Can't lock anything down in the custom keeps or castles.:p

Not this time, but you could before. I posted screenshots with a little bit of staging in some previous designs on the last TC.

Also, the walls lock down properly, just not the doors.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not this time, but you could before. I posted screenshots with a little bit of staging in some previous designs on the last TC.

Also, the walls lock down properly, just not the doors.
When the new contest starts and you submit for entry you cant lock things down with the command. Also name your house before you enter it. They need to start that soon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think it said two weeks from the 18th for design. Then one week for voting.
I missed the start then. Thats why someone asked me last night if I was designing one.

You can build more than 1 so get going. Im sure you will enjoy this!