• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Tinker BOD - 20 normal Dull Copper Diamond Ring

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I received a 20 normal dull copper diamond ring small bod this morning.

I don't do a *lot* of tinkering bods, but I have hundreds of jewelry bods collected over the last year. I've never received a jewelry bod in anything other but iron.

Is this new?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It has to be.... The issue prior was that the only special metal jewelry BODs were the non-gem ones, and the only jewelry BODs with a large were the gemmed jewelry, which were iron only and normal quality only (making them only worth doing as a cheap way to bank 50 points).

I wonder if anyone has asked yet over on the UO in-house forums which BODs might have gotten tweaked as a result of this? Others that really need fixed are the Tool LBOD (Large is normal only, smalls can be exceptional), many carpentry larges (that are regular wood only), and the carpentry & fletcher wild staff, composite Longbow, and shortbow LBODs that are occasionally bugged to bribe to ex or colored wood, but only the BASE small BOD for the category can be colored wood or exceptional, and the rest (all requiring recipes) are normal regular wood only smalls.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm curious if anyone gets a large bod for a colored gem jewelry.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The small ones cant get exceptional and the lbods cant get colour nor exceptional so its a rather crappy fix. It was on the bug list of fix for last update.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't like the change with jewelry bods but its not a game breaker, all the jewelry bods were iron and I filled to put in large bod and would bank the points. im getting a lot of colored now but they will all be normal, not worth alot. I worry about other changes that may occur lol.