• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Timing - the art of the correct time to do things-

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know about the rest of you, but this little fixing of the billing and taking down the servers timing suxs. Not only was it dragged out to the inth degree and came with constant postponements. Till at last they got them down.

NOW WHAT??

Its Friday night, sorry Saturday morning. (get my drift?)

Why couldnt they have held off till 9am monday morning when most players would be ether sleeping or at work to do this blending of the systems? One would think the mantence would have just finished and the majority of shards would be low population and the perfect time to do just this they are doing now.... the Whole Dev crew and office would be fresh and there to take care of any trouble. Right?

Cal, I know you served in our military and I am happy you are working for UO's best intrest and have only our best at heart, but darlin your timing leaves much to be desired.

Any good businessman would know your weekend is the most popular time for your players to be on.
Starting on Friday night through Sunday. This last stage should have been held off till monday. It wouldnt not have hurt much to hold off that last few days.
Oh I know players were chomping at the bit to get codes in and accounts paid for in fear of loosing their homes. I did notice you tried to alay fears of that happening. And I did apreciate you turning on all accounts for players, that was very generous of you dear. Dont take this as an "Angry" note but a "Constructive" one.

Next time... Plan your timing accordingly, extend where nessasary to avoid the not so happy campers who have been waiting all night for the game to come back and not a single word about its return....

Comunication is key to a happy medium with your customers. Even a hey we still working on it thank you for your patience. would go miles to southe them.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree, what was so important it couldn't wait until Monday mornings regular maintenance..

this is very poor judgement on the companies fault. the fact they kept pushing back the time should have been a clue they weren't ready to attempt this, on a weekend too..
maybe it was a way for the devs to guarantee overtime..

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ...actually I guess, the technical staff is not too hapy about that extra shift over the weekend, too. But I suppose the technical staff doesnt want to have the billing staff around, while they mess up their whole system. :D
There has nothing been announced about, but I would expect (after the migration):
- uogamecodes to close
- shared GTC's/billing options for EA's mmos
- reduced monthly fees, if you pay for more than one game

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silverbird, this is the first possible explanation about EA's seemingly crazy timing that I've read which actually has any logic to it.

Thank you.

5% Luck

Honestly guys. IMHO this was the perfect time to do this. Really it was a return to magic hour. That precious hour between server saving and server reboot that used to happen all those years ago!

I dont even know how much more PvP I can take right now but none of it matters all that much and its very enlightening!

W

Woodsman

Cal, I know you served in our military and I am happy you are working for UO's best intrest and have only our best at heart, but darlin your timing leaves much to be desired.
While some aspects of it are incredibly ********, you can't blame Cal for this one, this was EA - they were upgrading the UO, Warhammer, and Camelot billing at the same time. Personally, I think that was a huge mistake, but now that I've seen the system, it's clear why they did all three at the same time.

If you think UO players were upset, you should have been reading what the Camelot and Warhammer players were saying. It'll have you laughing at how angry and upset some were. Some even thought this was another sign that EA was trying to kill off Warhammer :lol:

A

anna anomalous

if possible, a set, scheduled time should be considered for things like this.

for example, all major maintenance happens on tuesdays from 5am-??.

D

Der Rock

Originally Posted by Lady Storm View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cals statement maybe would be:

so folks.... remember, the NAVY SEALS and EA hit hard, anytime anyplace...you are never secure ! expect the unexpected ! PEACE :)

just alittle joke on this blackfriday ;)