• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Timezone / % Full / Connection on Shard selection screen

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe it used to work or maybe I just assumed it worked like it should since 2 of the 3 things aren't really measurable by the average person (unless you know exactly where the servers are located for each shard and the % full). I wanted to see what was the fullest shard the look at possibly taking a char there and it told me Oceania was the fullest (maybe thats true) so I assumed it was then ranked from fullest to least fullest... but that can't be right because ATL was at the bottom so that doesn't seem to make any sense. I decided to click those toggles again a few different times a day and it doesn't appear to change.

It does say that Legends is the top timezone and ATL is next (which could be accurate living in the North East) so maybe that works... So the tie breaker was to hit the connection button bc I see the latency and can easily tell if it's accurate... and it's not even close! Oceania once again is at the top and ATL is near the bottom which has 15ms latency vs 218 for Oceania (see pic). So to me this looks like it's officially busted OR they are just picking the crappiest shard to try to trick people into going to.

So does anyone know if these 3 toggles on the server screen actually work or are they completely obsolete? Maybe timezone works but the other don't?

1581946621942.png

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya the only button that I ever click is latency, that %full is probably wrong. Atl is the most popular server by far.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since the servers are now in the cloud, time zone is mostly worthless - only being a function of the nostalgic preference of a shard's population.

%Full is pointless, they're never going to give us something to view shard population data.

Connection is the only useful button, and even that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to shards and do a Vendor search for all items. You can tell which ones are dead.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks all. That's kind of what I was thinking @Dot_Warner. I know they are sensitive to the shard populations but I figured using a "% full" as a generic cover would be alright given that even if a shard is completely empty nobody would know; it would just been towards the bottom of the list (which would be the case too if ATL had 20k people and the bottom shard only had 3k).

@Pawain - I've noticed vendor search also not working semi frequently lately (option is available but nothing comes back...this is on ATL too for something like "repair deed") so I'm not sure how much faith I'd have in that working 100% of the time but fair point I'll give it a shot!.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Choose exclude items in Fel. All the items in Tram will show up.