• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to Tell

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Opening the metal door to the fortress The candles seem to burn brighter then normal I can hear her singing to herself in the bar room seeming ever so joyful. My littlest Sister will know the truth, and she will know tonight, the longer this is put off the harder it will be. Slightly opening the door to the next room I can see her sitting at the bar waiting for me to return. Turning to see me peeking around the door , " Well hello Stranger, I have been wondering where you been" smiling at me I sigh and smile back at her. Continuing to enter the room I walk towards her and take a seat on the stool next to her. *blinking* My eyes begin to slightly moisten and I just want to cry as I struggle to find the words to say what I want to say.....and as if sent by unknown forces the door flys open and there standing behind us he looks sad and I know he must have come looking for her, My Father must be ready to tell her, thank goodness I do not have to be the one to open my mouth about this. She turns to look at him " Well hello Mr Jaden's Daddy" , so unprepared for what she is about to be told I bow my head close my eyes and cross my fingers, that she can handle this ok. At this point I can hear him as my Father begins to speak " I was in hopes i could find you this evening, AnnaBeth said you had come to find Jaden and I knew you would be here." as he looks at me he knows I want to tell her and he doesn't hesitate " Daenyra I need to have a talk with you, if you like maybe we should all go upstairs and sit by the fire" as Daeny stands and begins to make her way behind the bar opening the cooler the wine is in she turns to ask if either of us would like some...." No Daeny and perhaps you should sit down you do not need to wait on us" as my Father trys to motion for her to take a seat. She is beginning to look confused, " Whats going on? You both look like the Cat who ate the Canary." looking at us both she seems to start to worry. My Father reaches for her hand and pulls her towards the seat next to his, wrinkling my brow and trying not to look up at her, I can tell she is staring at me. Then I hear his voice soften, " Daenyra I know you are not going to understand right now and I will do my best to explain, I am not sure what your Mother has said to you about who your Father is or what the cirmunstances were that he wasnt around or why you had been taken away at birth. I am getting old and in my past I had blocked many things of my memories, I believe some sort of magic took my memories of a certain portion of my life away, but I have recently uncovered parts of those memories.....and Daenyra , I am your Father ! " As She blinks and looks at us both confused, I can see the deep hurt inside of her, I know she is feeling pain right now. As my Father attempts to explain more, she stands from the stool shaking her head and looking at the floor avoiding making any eye contact with either of us, he is still trying to further explain as she starts to walk towards the door, "Let me try to explain..." as hes trying to console her. She is having no part of listening to any more. Jumping from my seat I follow her into the corridor, turning looking at me she says " You Knew, you knew and you never told me.....is that why you came hiding here, why you have avoided me? I've needed you, I\ve needed someone to talk to, and you avoided me..." ...." You knew...how long have you known?" Taking a heavy breath I can only blink " I wanted to tell you, really I did, but I promised him I would let him tell you..." For the first time since I met her I see a hurt on her face and a single tear roll down her cheek as she turns and stomps out the door slamming it behind her. Do I follow her and try to talk to her or do I let her have time to process this, reaching for the door I know I must follow her and make sure shes alright. The outter door opens and as I step out the wind is strong the frigid air bites at my face and no footprints are to be seen...and yet I carry on looking for her but which way has she gone, I am sure she will head to DragonStone so I will begin there.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Sadly Daney wasn't found, the visit with her other father, the man who did raise her, gave us very little to go on. Not sure he even wanted us to find her, his clues were so vague. He told us she had been to the Village and had left seeking who she was. I suggested she was a Dragon master and we left to check where the giant Dragon Turtle lived, but all we found there was injuries, and lots and lots of poison. I can see now why John calls her Savage, anyone who grew up in a place like that was bound to be on the savage side. When we returned to DragonStone, she had not showed up there either. Surely she will come home soon. Tired and very sore everyone left and I found myself again climbing the stairs of The Guild Hall hoping she would come home soon, maybe I should just go break into her house and stay there. To tired to even walk that far I find myself curled up in the bunk room, hopefully that Gargoyle Demona doesn't come in and snore. Blinking as my eyes shut and my last thoughts were where can she be !

As morning shone through the windows of the room blinking its good morning to me, I am just to sore from the battles with all those beats last night to even get out of bed but then it comes to me. She went to find the reason she was left in that land, and I know exactly where shed go to find that out............