• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to Repair

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How low do you guys let your non-powderable gear go before you repair it without failing?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I aim for around 100 on melee characters( i like the buffer, incase i forget to look), and 10 on mages/tamers. If i am not getting hit, it wont lose additional durability, just the point for the repair.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, is there a sweet spot? Sometimes it loses durability after repairing, sometimes not. I remember years ago I was told to repair after every battle, so the pieces were barely damaged, and max durability wouldn´t loose the point, and it worked, but it seems random. So hating to lose that point, I wait until its 50.

But, is there a technique to not lose that point? if so ,please share it :)

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, is there a sweet spot? Sometimes it loses durability after repairing, sometimes not. I remember years ago I was told to repair after every battle, so the pieces were barely damaged, and max durability wouldn´t loose the point, and it worked, but it seems random. So hating to lose that point, I wait until its 50.

But, is there a technique to not lose that point? if so ,please share it :)

Short answer is that it's really not worth trying to optimize

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Antique jewelry seems to need a touch up every time I do a hunt or farming .
200 dura will be around 80 or 60 ish when I go home . I always repair then log for the night so I'm ready to go next day

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For items that require smith/tailor, you can take them down to 10 durability and be able to repair the first time with 120 skill repair deeds. For everything else, once i get to 30, i will try to repair it. Don't let good rings/braces get below 20, as the fails can stack up.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In general agreement with Chester. If the repair requires tinkering, I try to repair around 25-30 durability. For any other crafting skills, I will generally wait until 10-15 durability.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If the smith holds a +60 hammer while making repair deeds, that adds to success doesnt it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the smith holds a +60 hammer while making repair deeds, that adds to success doesnt it?
It makes their skill higher. It works for the other success rates. I use it when doing colored barding deeds.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It makes their skill higher. It works for the other success rates. I use it when doing colored barding deeds.
So it would change your effective skill to 180. I know the repair chance goes down/ seems to go lower when durability is lower. Is it 100% at 120 for an item that is 0/255?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it would change your effective skill to 180. I know the repair chance goes down/ seems to go lower when durability is lower. Is it 100% at 120 for an item that is 0/255?
Right your skill goes to 180 so not sure how much that increases success for repairs. It shows 180 on the repair deed.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't know we could make 180 Repair Contracts by holding the Ancient Hammer +60. (Such is the bane of a Loner.) I just tried it and it worked. That is good to know! I wish there was an equivalent "Ancient Hammer" for the other skills, especially Tailoring and Tinkering. Thanks for all the good replies!