• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to Renew My Antivirus Program

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Currently am using Trend Micro Titanium. I am not unhappy with it. Just curious what you all think is best. Should I go with the deal they want to give me for a 3 user set-up or should I try something new.
(I don't trust "free")

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Microsoft security essentials. Been using it since it came out and (touch wood) never had any problems.

youxigamer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If the free anti-virus software, then he will give you recommend some junk software Otherwise, big companies rely on to make money, if there is no income-generating livelihoods, how they will give you free services?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im sorry youxigamer I don't understand your question.

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the "free" version of blocking/anti-virus programs for a while before I eventually bought the paid versions.

I use several programs to secure my system...because using only 1 or 2 never catches everything:
• avast! anti-virus
• Spybot Search & Destroy
• ZoneAlarm personal firewall
• MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
• Microsoft Security Essentials

Avast!, Spybot, and ZoneAlarm load up on boot-up. I run all of them once a week, a boot-time virus can every other week, and a root-kit scan every week.

So far, I've only been infected once...from grabbing a video file off a friends USB thumb-drive. The thumb-drive was infected and it infected my machine for about 2 minutes until Avast! saw its activity, shut it down, deleted the file, then notified me of the breach.

TQQdles™