• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to Put Key Phrase to Vote

G

Granjell

The top suggestions for a key phrase to recognize fellow Stratics forum toons are:

Bring it On!

Special Delivery!

Don't Use Sound on Lure Cogs!

Shall those who are interested vote for their favorite and we wil then all know what to use when encountering a semi-familiar toon on the street... Perhaps we can also designate the runner-up as the response phrase.

:grouphug:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote Bring it on!

And for follow up.. Let's catch the next one.

F

Fangs McWolf

My vote:
Don't Use Sound on Lure Cogs!
:)

The problem with "Bring It On", aside from it seeming like it's advertising the movie, is that someone else might take it like you are challenging them to something or the other player may mean it for something they want to do. Better for someone to be confused because they aren't familiar with the keyphrase than for there to be a misunderstanding.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with "Bring It On", aside from it seeming like it's advertising the movie, is that someone else might take it like you are challenging them to something or the other player may mean it for something they want to do. Better for someone to be confused because they aren't familiar with the keyphrase than for there to be a misunderstanding.
I never once thought of that movie when I said it. o_O and I never once thought someone was challenging me when they said it to me o_O

L

Little Sadie

My vote:

:)

There's a movie? LOL! I saw someone the other day that I thought was a Stratics member but ended up being someone from another board. I whispered to them "Don't use sound on lure cogs". Their response was "Whatever". LOL! I think that phrase can be taken the wrong way too. Is Bring it on in our speedchat already?

S

Stubby

:popcorn: Ok, just so I get this right, 'bring it on' is the question and we answer back with 'special delivery'. I vote yes, they are fine with me.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Why not use something totally non-offensive like "Welcome to toontown" and then the response could be something like "don't use sound on lured cogs". The way to know if someone is from stratics would be in the response. The first person could say something back like "bring it on" or even "howdy" which would not be a typical response to "dont use sound". I have never had anyone out of the blue say to me "welcome to toontown". It is usually "hi" or a variation.

First person: "welcome to toontown"
Second person: "don't use sound on lured cogs"
First person: "bring it on" or "Howdy"

That way if someone isnt from stratics they think you are just being nice rather than any kind of challenge!!! I may have a paranoid personality (LOL Trish) but if someone out of the blue said to me "dont use sound on lured cogs" or "bring it on" I might think they were confusing me with a toon who got them mad!!!:sad3: Just a thought!!!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a bad idea. Methinks I'm changing my vote to follow Sally.

S

susan4633

oh yeah. if someone in the playground said 'don't use sound on lured cogs' i'd think i messed up in a battle with someone before. like when someone out of the blue comes up to you and says 'you stink'.

immediately, you start rehashing all the places you've been and the things you've done to tick someone off.

welcome to toontown is always used during battles when lag issues or gag problems occur. but if someone in pg said it to me that would work.

then bring it on.

then howdy or something else.

those have my vote

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one who rehashes stuff like that!!! LOLrolleyes:

B

Bumbledogswirls

WOWO, we need a stratics Cheer? :D :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That makes me laugh! LOL, I'd go for something easier, like WOOHOO! I cast a vote for myself! :thumbup1: :lol:

G

Granjell

Okay - sounds like we should have just asked Sally - lol

This looks to be the overwhelming favorite:
First person: "bring it on" or "Howdy"

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First person: "bring it on"
Hey Sally you're so fine . . . you're so fine you blow my mind . . .

:cheerleader:

"Bring it on" over "Howdy" -- only because it is on my no-brainer list of options when my brain is numb from too much work and no sleep.

S

susan4633

we tried out sally's greeting tuesday night at the cfo marathon. i think it worked fine. see you guys tonight at the ceo!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sort of, somehow it morphed into

Welcome to Toontown!
Bring it on!
Howdy!

Worked though!