• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Time to put imbuing on hold

• Thread starter Boogieman
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Boogieman

I just read quickly through the changes to imbuing which has been released on TC and two aspects caught my eye in particular:

The overall chance for skill gains has been increased.
:thumbup1:
and...
The unraveling skill gain cap has been removed.
So easier gaining overall and gains from unravelling items doesn't stop at 25 skill. There will also be an increased chance of gaining when imbuing with relics or special ingredients.

Time to put imbuing training on hold for a while, I'd say.

That will also give me time to stock up on gems :mf_prop:

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same, here. I quit "grinding" weeks ago, and settled for GGs and occasional gain from making a bow or jewel for my chars, so currently I'm at 112ish. With th eproposed changes, I may actually grind-d-d-d- away again!

Same as you, out looking for the gypsy camps to buy some gems.

Also noticed that we can imbue Artis - and ENHANCED items:) I'll be using alot of Dull Copper and Spined to jack up the DUR ahead of time - the need for 2 full Powders of Fort each time I attempt to Imbue an item is what really stopped me in my tracks as far as Imbuing goes.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a formula for unraveling gains on UHall. At 115 skill you need 400%+ total to unravel with chance to gain.

B

Boogieman

Yes, at high levels the gains from unravelling are probably going to be insignificant.

However, given the amount of essence you need for training, I would guess that along the way you save quite a few resources through gains from unravelling.

The big difference will be the change to the overall gain chance.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only is my Imbu trng on hold, but all the loot is taking up space again - but not nearly as bad as pre SA when I hoarded loot in aticipation of release.
With the increased return in unravelling - and actually gaining skill unravelling high end items - I will wait until the new changes are implemented.

Not complaining at all - I welcome the changes:)

P

pgcd

Not only is my Imbu trng on hold, but all the loot is taking up space again - but not nearly as bad as pre SA when I hoarded loot in aticipation of release.
With the increased return in unravelling - and actually gaining skill unravelling high end items - I will wait until the new changes are implemented.

Not complaining at all - I welcome the changes:)
After a spell on TC1, I decided against hoarding all the loot, and I'm keeping only the stuff that requires no enhancement to unravel to relic, seeing as the changes appear to have severely nerfed the utility of enhancing for unraveling.

B

Beastmaster

What testing I did over the weekend seemed to show enhancing can at best bump the intensity by about 20 points. So yes, enhancing for unraveling is severely nerfed.