• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time of Legends Expansion Details

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While searching the web I ran across this:

Time of Legends "New Areas: Shadowguard and Valley of Eodon; two new champion spawns; сompleting the virtue system; lots of new items; new skill—masteries; updates to classic housing".

This was news to me. I thought the devs were keeping everything hush until the release neared.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's from the Dev Diary video a few months ago, pretty much all we know at this point. For a while before that they were talking about content for Publish 90 (currency conversion, Fey Slayer imbuing, etc) but it's unclear if all of that got rolled into the expansion or if there's still a significant publish coming before the expansion.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have global event in preparation to something new, 2 parts already done on most shards. It can take more than 2 months to complete remaining parts. Still unclear if we get any new content during this summer.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Still amazing to me how many people either haven't seen the video or don't know about it.

Pass it on to everyone you know! :heart:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...you know how borked the account management is lol, though I've never had any issues with it myself. I'm not surprised it's taking longer then expected. That's why one should never set a specific date for things.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well when they announced that they would have a newsletter, and to subscribe to it at the top of uo.com, I DID! And haven't gotten any e-mails....>.<

But yeah they HOPED it would be finished....hopes are always dashed though huh?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When I worked, my philosophy was: under PROMISE and over DELIVER. It was one that kept my clients very happy over the years, and kept them returning to me time and time again. The exact opposite, which seems to be UO's policy, has a tendency to do nothing more than P$SS people off, when they don't get what they were told. WHEN they were told. It just makes UO look stupid, or like liars.

Last edited:

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still amazing to me how many people either haven't seen the video or don't know about it.

Pass it on to everyone you know! :heart:

Thanks for posting this!

I've been playing WoW the past few months ever since I got ticked off because I was getting lured on in Blackthorn's Dungeon and couldn't get enough Minax arties to get a luck plain dress, so I missed this video.

While I am currently loving my WoW garrison and the collecting of npc followers to send on missions to get myself some epic armor (I play solo), and also really enjoying collecting WoW battle pets, I am now hearing that UO will finally be getting some more clothing designed for specifically for female characters (hoping for narrow shouldered cloaks) and maybe its not my monkey companion idea plus pirate clothing (High Seas II: Pirates on Monkey Island!), but it's interesting enough that I at least will check it out.

:)

(Lots of work for so few UO staff, I now understand the missing codes at the Origin store snafu.)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for posting this!

I've been playing WoW the past few months ever since I got ticked off because I was getting lured on in Blackthorn's Dungeon and couldn't get enough Minax arties to get a luck plain dress, so I missed this video.

While I am currently loving my WoW garrison and the collecting of npc followers to send on missions to get myself some epic armor (I play solo), and also really enjoying collecting WoW battle pets, I am now hearing that UO will finally be getting some more clothing designed for specifically for female characters (hoping for narrow shouldered cloaks) and maybe its not my monkey companion idea plus pirate clothing (High Seas II: Pirates on Monkey Island!), but it's interesting enough that I at least will check it out.

(Lots of work for so few UO staff, I now understand the missing codes at the Origin store snafu.)
LOL I had joked about a monkey pet like the Capuchin monkey in Pirates of The Caribbean. I had even suggest that in battle it'd have a special attack of Fling Poo. This was inspired by my acquaintance with one Capuchin Monkey with a nasty temper. It'd get poed and well you'd better duck, lol. Glad I'm not the only one who though monkeys would be a fun addition to the game. :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please, oh please new classic doors, walls, floors, tele pads! I will find cakes for all of you devs if you do this. Not exactly saying where I will get the cakes... Ty to players who are testing it all. Cakes for you too!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what would be cool is if a telepad would take you from your house on catskills to your house on Altantic with the standard 30 minute lag.

I would probably buy a few more accounts...just to place houses on various shards! :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I worked, my philosophy was: under PROMISE and over DELIVER. It was one that kept my clients very happy over the years, and kept them returning to me time and time again. The exact opposite, which seems to be UO's policy, has a tendency to do nothing more than P$SS people off, when they don't get what they were told. WHEN they were told. It just makes UO look stupid, or like liars.
except for 1 thing you're overlooking ... after all these years of doing the exact same thing, we can now get a very accurate idea of exactly when things are going to come out - what you have to do is take their estimates and double them and it's just about perfect - if you're investing in the stock market, someone who is always 100% right about the direction of stocks is exactly as useful as someone who is always 100% wrong - in this case, we're just working with the one who is 100% wrong - hehe (but it still makes things very easy to predict accurately :) )

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
except for 1 thing you're overlooking ... after all these years of doing the exact same thing, we can now get a very accurate idea of exactly when things are going to come out - what you have to do is take their estimates and double them and it's just about perfect - if you're investing in the stock market, someone who is always 100% right about the direction of stocks is exactly as useful as someone who is always 100% wrong - in this case, we're just working with the one who is 100% wrong - hehe (but it still makes things very easy to predict accurately :) )
Good point!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LMAO How true.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I had joked about a monkey pet like the Capuchin monkey in Pirates of The Caribbean. I had even suggest that in battle it'd have a special attack of Fling Poo. This was inspired by my acquaintance with one Capuchin Monkey with a nasty temper. It'd get poed and well you'd better duck, lol. Glad I'm not the only one who though monkeys would be a fun addition to the game. :)

Thats where I got my High seas II: Pirates on Monkey Island idea, from PotC, I am a fan of that same monkey.

In UO I'd have all sizes of snakes threatening Monkey Island and the monkeys need UO pirate assistance, so we would have to do some quests involving finding certain skilled NPC pirates to help us first become trained UO pirates, we'd earn pirate titles and pirate gear along the way to obtaining our monkey companion.

I'd hope for computer generated random colors, shapes and abilities for our monkey so we have a chance at rare and unique ones.

I'd want to be able to send them to fetch things off the ground for us and also help load cannons on ships etc.

I'd not thought of monkey brawling but its UO, of course they'd need some defensive and I think minor offensive ability and slinging poo is a natural excellent idea. I seem to recall someone getting in trouble with a GM for naming their character Poo so maybe we could rename that particular skill pitching eww?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this thing still happening? Seems outdated.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The expansion is going to have stuff...and things! Some of it you will love:heart:, some of it you will loathe :cursing:. There will be gushing praise, and there will be great pancakes.

But, until they bother to, ya know, advertise the damn thing in something more than an obscure op-in newsletter, we'll have to stew in the anemic dribble of information we've been given.:stir:

:devil:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a feeling we'll get to know a lot more next week after this weekends Event, which is the last before The Time of Legends release.
Oh and lets not forget that I think some of it is going on test shard soon.

nb, I do agree thou we need details on customisation of Castles. :please:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a feeling we'll get to know a lot more next week after this weekends Event, which is the last before The Time of Legends release.
I have the feeling that there will be at least one more event after the diamond is recovered. The four gems have to be used after all... (and Minax has yet to rear her fugly head)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the feeling that there will be at least one more event after the diamond is recovered. The four gems have to be used after all... (and Minax has yet to rear her fugly head)
I'm sort of thinking that the last in the questline will be like the garg expansion and will lead us to the Time of Legends entrance and beyond....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps she is still applying her mascara.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sort of thinking that the last in the questline will be like the garg expansion and will lead us to the Time of Legends entrance and beyond....
They'd be really dropping the ball if they had the Timelord do everything off stage, especially since he has his own spiffy graphic now. I expect an event in September that leads into the expansion, perhaps not directly into it, but is the final piece of the set up.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps she is still applying her mascara.
True, she needs something dramatic to look "though," and we can't forget the mass quantities of lipstick for her "big, red lips" so she can smile at us "the way a swamp dragon smiles at a bogling" while backhanding us Zsa Zsa-like through a "rune gate."

Can you tell I hated that story? :facepalm:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
True, she needs something dramatic to look "though," and we can't forget the mass quantities of lipstick for her "big, red lips" so she can smile at us "the way a swamp dragon smiles at a bogling" while backhanding us Zsa Zsa-like through a "rune gate."

Can you tell I hated that story? :facepalm:
Well it can't be that bad let me just click OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THIS parody story was posted by a GL player who wished (at least at the time) to go unknown to avoid retaliation.

Most of the official fiction for this arc was just awful.