• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time for Pezi to hang up his claws....

A

Ariath2k

Well, the time has come for Pezi to lay down his teeth too, I’m afraid. If you don’t like the nostalgia bit, skip to the bottom paragraph lol.

When I first started Ultima, ~6 years ago, the game was amazing. Although it had crappy graphics, I played with some rl mates and UO conjured up the most fantastic sense of adventure. Towns thriving with people, murderers lurking on the outside of towns waiting for prey. We would be happy – no, far more than happy - to simply go on an adventure in any given direction and see where it would lead us. We saved up money, and went to the town smith who would make us a new set of armour and a weapon which we would show off to our mates and then have taken from us by a shifty pk near Despise. We heard tales from other players of far off places which we would finally visit someday. We made loads of new friends who I still talk to now. I remember hours at the bone knight wall in Deceit with so many other players, all on the edge of their seats in case a PK group turned up. People running screaming “PE! PE!” as a poison ele decimated everyone around it.

I clearly remember the first time we popped out the other side of brit sewers. My friend was like, “wow! This is a different world! This must be the lost lands!” well, we battled giant serpents and giant frogs, found Papua, found the terathan keep , and it was all so magical and fun. The lands seemed never ending and we would adventure for hours and hours and never get bored. The first time we visited Destard, and wondered how we would ever kill a dragon, and then getting pkd. At some stage we learnt how to pvp and killed a few reds together. We worked together as thieves and pulled off some great steals. This was all some of the greatest fun we ever had on uo, stuff we talked about rl for a long time.

Then came trammel. The people were split, now you wern’t at risk from reds anymore? The population divided massively. The air of adventure and thriving town communities with notorious murderers was shattered. No more courageous groups of strangers banding together when someone came running into town shouting “PK’s at the mountain pass!”. All that existed in Felucca now was those that had no choice. Everyone else lived in fluffy trammel killing monsters and playing catch.

I quit UO for about half a year at some stage, came back in AOS sometime. Couldn’t deal with trammel anymore (can’t steal anymore? wtf is insurance lol?) , so got my friends and came to siege. At first siege was great, back like the old days. It was still lacking that sense of a real world that uo used to ooze so much, but it was playable again. FPS had fun here as newbies, trying to work the game out again with so many numbers and different mods on weapons, fc mages etc.. We got our asses kicked a lot but it was fun.

Well, gradually the siege population dropped a lot. Gone were the fun raids at our house by vmp, tbb etc. No more orcs to go and fight. No more und to kill. Factions was dead. Some of FPS left. More and more things got introduced that took the game further and further away from its roots. Pezi could barley find reds any more so he just started killing anything that moved ( in a nice way of course :p ) and was fun too for a long time, just pking on my own every night.

The game has now got to a stage where I just don’t enjoy it anymore. Sure, I have adapted to bushido archers, ninja tamers, etc. But it just isn’t fun like it used to be, it pains me to see the way they destroyed the best online game ever. I understand OSI/EA had to do what they did to keep UO alive, but they could have at least left siege untouched.

Anyway, I have had some good fun here over the last few years, some great fights, killed hundreds of people and died hundreds of times and met some great people. To all those who know me in game and here on the boards, it’s been great fun, but regretfully it’s time to say “cya”.... maybe I’ll login in a few months and see what’s going on.

Have fun with your axes, bows, and pets!

Pez

H

hilfiger

one less DKB...*cries* ....to other news the weather will be 78 today with alot of sunshine...

A

Ariath2k

<blockquote><hr>

one less DKB...*cries* ....to other news the weather will be 78 today with alot of sunshine...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, been DKB for like a few weeks, was better than running around on my own like I have been for the last 5 months.

Edit: 78!? lol you should try living in England.

G

Take care Pezi, sorry to see you go.
Hope that things change and you decide to come back.

M

MeMn0cH

Later Pezi..

I still wanna duel you a few times..

I fully admit that I could never beat Pezi inna duel for one reason or another..

*hugs* &lt;/3's the leaving

S

Sloan

the siege world will not be the same without a pink squirrel of vengence. Best of luck to you and keep the tail fluffed.

G

*pushes non squirrel lovers ungently out of thread*

Pezi...it seems wrong not to have a Pink Squirrel from the Abyss lurking around on Siege. You, and some of the other FPS people were among the first to welcome me to Siege over a year ago. Because you are in England, I didn't get to see you except rarely on the weekends, in the afternoon my time, but it was always an enjoyable experience.

Hope you find something as magical as UO was for you when you first started, and that it will be filled with plenty of nuts.

-Skylark

B

Bulldog

Hope youll be adding your Great Britishness to another place!!

A

Ariath2k

thanks all for your words, except the troll at the beginning who I don't even know lol.

@gonth, I never did get to use that damn sword heh. If they ever sort a pbd I'll make sure that I come and hunt you down with it at some point :p

@bulldog, watch your pack

gonna be selling my two pbd accounts soon, a red mage with 7 soulstones, lots of 120s including mage, med, parry, bush, etc, and a ninja tamer if anyone is interested. I will post details anyway.

H

hilfiger

ofcourse you dont know who i am you been on siege a whole what?6 months?silly squirrel...

I

imported_Castor

i know who you are, you are the house looter right???

Take care of yourself Pezi, it was always a pleasure.

A

Ariath2k

Obviously they didn't teach you to add up where you live, a few years would constitute as at least 2, and there are actually 12 months in a year (wow!)

2*12=24

And I know full well who you are, It's just I have only had the misfortune to meet you once, and you died.

Oh well.

I miss you already xxx

H

hilfiger

NEVER seen your name on SP NEVER...oops my fault ONCE and you rez killed me for the win!

H

hilfiger

go KSS! oops you all went to a island! *cackles*

so now instead of WANNA BE blues that roleplay knights as reds you'll do the same on a island?ironic?Not too mention post on forums that you or whoever is in your guild dont ever play nomore but you know what they say cant play the game fight on the forums?

A

Ariath2k

<blockquote><hr>

NEVER seen you name on SP NEVER...oops my fault ONCE and you rez killed me for the win!

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, a most amusing, incredibly well written and thought provoking tale you have weaved there.

I'm not going to argue though, I couldn't care less what you think anyway.

I

imported_Castor

ill try and use little words for ya chard, i am still here, and i did not go to the island.

And you are still a house looter...

G

<blockquote><hr>

go KSS! oops you all went to a island! *cackles*

so now instead of WANNA BE blues that roleplay knights as reds you'll do the same on a island?ironic?Not too mention post on forums that you or whoever is in your guild dont ever play nomore

[/ QUOTE ]I am still here. I took some time off during the summer to do real life things. I didn't play on an island, well there is an island at the lake but whole different thing there. Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent as I'm not sure you can follow diverse thinking.
I'll use words you can understand.

Not all of KSS left Siege. There are still quite a few of us left.<blockquote><hr>

but you know what they say cant play the game fight on the forums?

[/ QUOTE ]umm ok mr board warrior guy. no wait it's bord worier guy who poasts on teh forums.

now go away and hide in a guardzone on a blue alt or something.

A

akatek

hilfiger - i must say that you are probably one of the most lame people that I have even heard of. If you couldnt tell, he was saying goodbye to everyone due to his leaving, and your dumba$$ come on here talking smack about him. Obviously he could care less or he would be staying to own you for longer. Have a little respect for people, and trying saying "goodbye" Otherwise, try going and sticking your head up your butt and searching for air.

I have never met you before Pezi, but I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the old days. The game has truely changed a lot, and it hurts me everytime to see a long time player go after having made so many memories here. I hope you will one day reconsider, and come back to join the rest of us, Farewell sir, and safe journies to you.

- Canon [CWS]/Pocolypse

A

Ariath2k

who are you? lol.

I am english so often I don't see the whole array of players because of the time zone difference.

Y

Yasou Wakayama

Best of luck wherever you end up Pezi ... I will continue to hollar at you now and again on ICQ ... you gotta have fun with the time spent playing this and any game or it just ain't worth it - and I know it's been hard on ya as FPS faded away.

M

marichessy

Farewell Pezi.....I will miss your pink squirrely-self around here. Have fun wherever it is you are going. And don't forget to come back and visit!

*waves*

M

marichessy

Oh, and for the record, I am still here as well. Sailing makes me seasick so I tend to avoid boats at all costs....and yes Cas, that's him...The house looter who likes to call everyone 'son'. A real family guy eh?

H

hilfiger

now if you could get this many kss in game and instead of on the forums sp would be hopping again
but dreams probably will never come true.i play all weekend long and never see kss....*thinks*

i would agrue about the house looting think but...i just dont give a [censored] lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

now if you could get this many kss in game and instead of on the forums sp would be hopping again
but dreams probably will never come true.i play all weekend long and never see kss....*thinks*

[/ QUOTE ]Probably because we have lives? I don't play on weekends because I have my kids. I'd much rather be a daddy than amuse morons.

H

hilfiger

spoken like a good ex guildleader of kss?or you still guild leader because it truly shows lol

oh! now we have lives now and dont play uo 24/7?its not cool to do that anymore?pfft you play uo period you got no life

G

*points to his above post*
I'm here to have fun, as are my guildmates

I am not here to amuse house looters or other morons. Maybe some day when your kids actually look up to you as somebody important in thier lives you will understand, but perhaps not.

H

hilfiger

as you reply to my replies in the blink of a eye so much for playing the game and having a life aye?

G

But... but... we just GOT squirrels!!! There may be a nice mate for you hopping around the branches somewhere here!

Sad to see another face (even a furry one) leaving, especially a fellow Brit.
Still, have fun, whichever tree you climb!

-another KSS'er, still here, there and everywhere.

G

ok dumb****, reading comprehension time. I said I have my kids on the weekends, as in friday night, saturday and sunday. Check your damned calander. I'll give you a hint, It's wednesday. During the week, I do some hunting, go out on a quick patrol if noone else is around. get ganked by a vmp archer squad. rez, reequip so I can do it again tomorrow night. then i work RoT and read the boards.

G

Oh, sorry pezi, didn't mean to further derail your thread. I hate it when people leave. Damn shame some of the nonpeople don't leave though. Some players are just too stupid to catch a hint though.

Pezi good luck in whatever you do.

H

hilfiger

aye like vmp is the only guild with archers in it?you must be a quick learner that the whole [censored] shard is archers dumbass...*hands pitt TWO tissues*

G

and that's 2.1, i'm done for the night.

KSS doesn't hang out with luna trash. If you never see us it's because your hiding in a house. I never cried about being killed outnumbered. Hell it happens.

How come only the good players go to prs? Why do the morons stay to torment us?

oh and looter boy...*ploink*

go do a usenet search if you don't know what that means.

H

hilfiger

KSS doesn't hang out on SP period the only KSS i've seen in the past week actually playing the game and not in a player ran town hugging and kissing was blind otto and guess what he was doing farming in spirit...KSS the the farming win!

p.s. your patrol?!?!?! what your front lawn?

G

While I did briefly visit Spirit... (during the UK daytime, which might explain why you never see the rest of KSS) I'd hardly call killing 3 swoops, going wandering around, and running like hell when 3 changelings turned into copies of me 'farming'. 'Abortive hunting/exploring' maybe? Or maybe you saw one of the changelings attacking pixies, and thought it was me?

But, I don't think I understand you. Should I not be exploring? Should I take my amazing mining skills into Luna, and attack the first VmP I bump into, with my GM tinkered pickaxe? You never know, I might get lucky - they might die laughing! Should I take some legendary tailor made shirts to Spirit, and try to improve REV's fashion sense? I AM a crafter, after all. My magery doesn't even have eval int to back it up, and I only have 50 meditation. The rest is pure crafting. If someone WANTS me to take part in PvP, I'll be there. There are plenty of people around who will attest to seeing me in the middle of a fight, and I certainly wasn't running for the nearest moongate or house. REV and VmP come to mind, but there have been others. Names tend to blur when the screen keeps shifting from colour to grey to colour again every few seconds!

Regardless, KSS are around. I know of more than two dozen members who have been in-game on Siege during the last week, and that wasn't inside a house, or in a guard zone. Some did - after all, we do have crafters, and they're not all as willing as I am to go exploring - but the bulk of those who logged in during the last 7 days certainly didn't do it to check their bank balances or make yet another exceptional shirt.

I strongly suspect the hours you keep, and the locations you prefer playing, are the reason you haven't run into anyone else. After all, you're posting right now, and you saw me in Spirit - and I'm normally only around during UK daytime anyway. But, I may be wrong. You may suffer from insomnia, and be in-game 24/7, for all I know. I don't really care, and I'm certainly not going to drag this on for post after post after post. I just wanted to set a few things straight.

P.S. Sorry about the derail Pezi. Drop in now and then - maybe someone can find you one of those rare albino squirrels and a dye tub?

A

Ariath2k

Wow! What happened to my thread!

Tardonnay for the lose!

Yeah and let me know if the squirrels can be dyed, that might be worth coming back for :p

I

imported_Castor

all this anger chard, whats wrong, coldsteel negelecting you as he tries to corner the market on gaman horns at 10gp per?

G

For some reason, this squirrely thread derail made me think of the scene in the Disney cartoon The Emperor's New Groove:

Yzma: Are you talking to that squirrel?
Kronk: I was a junior chipmunk, uh, and I had to be versed in all the woodland creatures.
[to squirrel]
Kronk: Please continue.
[squirrel talks to Kronk]
Yzma: [walking away] Why me? Why me? Why me? Why...?
Kronk: Hey, it doesn't always have to be about you. This poor little guy's had it rough. Seems a talking llama gave him a hard time the other day.
[Yzma rushes over to them]
Yzma: Oh, a talking llama? Do tell.
[squirrel whispers to Kronk]
Kronk: Uh, he doesn't really wanna talk to you.

Just substitute Chardonnay for Yzma's lines, and there ya go.

-Skylark

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chard gets around alot, sometimes he dies in the Luna house and sometimes the Homare one just for a change, and on very rare special occasions he dies at spirit, maybe someone should tell him U.O can be played in colour also?