• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thursday Thoughts... What's worth more?

Which is more valuable?

• Ultima Online Brand

• uo.com domain

Results are only viewable after voting.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The entire ultima online brand.... or the uo.com domain name? If you were to make a sale of each one today which would fetch more?

There are exactly 676 distinct 2 letter .com domains out there. They are all pretty valuable...

Okami

Visitor
Urban Outfitters is why I voted for the domain.

The other obvious choice would be University of Oregon, but schools tend to use .edu domains so not so much.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed this was a nice little brain teaser! I have to go with the domain. In addition to Urban Outfitters...
Universal Orlando
Urban One
There are probably companies in Utah and even Ukraine that would come up with something just to get the url if it ever was available.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has to be the .com surely as it would be sought after outside of gaming. The Ultima Online brand is tainted with a bad reputation.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah because UO is the pinacle of gaming isnt it and well respected in the MMO gaming community.

/end sarcasm
As far as I know it is. Nobody has done it longer than we have. I've played WOW and Everquest and whatever and I thought they sucked. I liked DAOC for a little bit but that was like 6 months. Oh I liked Star Wars Calaxies for a fairly long while but they had housing. Of course that's long gone.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You think UO is well respected?

UO is synonymous with cheating, scripting, hacking and griefing. Hardly a legacy to be proud of.
UO only has one thing to be ashamed of. McFarlane Action Figures. Other than the Ancient Wyrm which was kinda cool.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agreed this was a nice little brain teaser! I have to go with the domain. In addition to Urban Outfitters...
Universal Orlando
Urban One
There are probably companies in Utah and even Ukraine that would come up with something just to get the url if it ever was available.
Does EU use .com? UK uses .uk, etc. Not sure about others, but could google it, but I am le tired. .ua is Ukraine