• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thunting Tamer

Mercbeste

Visitor
So I'm having issues with aggro management and my pet @ thunts - any tricks/tip appreciated? I tend to be doing stuff to hard for me as well as its fun (ie/ my 3slot beetle and doing hoard maps)

How do people open/do spawn.

For reference Im using a giant beetle - I stay mounted, pre cast invis as I dig and run invis - then drag 1by1. This bit Is usually ok...but sometimes getting the mob to stick on pet is a problem.
When I RT is the real issue - I have 60RT at the moment and I use RT, load invis but I tend to either not get my pet to stick, or have to bail out the 16tiles. If I bail I seem to have to deal with a million sets of no loot spawn.

How do people approach tmap spawns/traps?

Doesn't help I'm new - and have only 105 taming, and the beetle is 104req and doesn't listen to me all the time after training and I have to feed regularly. I was going without Vet but with mishaps its costing me a fortune on resses so I'm getting Vet.

105 Tame/GM Lore/Mage/Carto/95LP (GM)/60 RT was GM med but training Vet now.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Here is my tamer treasure hunter:

1589723342193.png

Working RT to 100 and lowering vet. Beetle stats have 120 Wrestling. I'm able to solo Trove maps using your technique (though multiple renegade changelings are problematic).

Your strategy is sound. Once you get above 90 RT, you get max 2 ancient guardians, spaced 10 secs apart. And yes, even with a Level 3 pet mastery, I still use vet. I carry a spare set of +40 vet on ring/bracelet so I can resurrect my own pet.

I'd work on training your beetle and raising RT, perhaps using cache maps.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, once you get the beetle to 5 slots, it will be able to tank everything from (non-Eodon) Cache and lower, except an initial spawn of 2+ Ogre Lords at once (and you can get in close enough to Vet or cast heals to keep it alive once they all target the beetle). The dragon types from Hoard and trove are a bit more of an issue (as the cold ones AoE force you heal from a distance)