• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THunter / Bard Template and Fisher/Necro-Mage Template

G

Gunn4r

Looking to do a couple chars I've never really done before. A Treasure Hunter and Fisher. Heres what I was thinking

Is Bard / THunter a good route to go? I'd like to make a thunter (carto/LP) and could add it onto any of my existing chars (by soul stoning around skills). I'm thinking the Bard would be the best/easiest route to go and was thinking of this template...

120 music
120 peace
120 provo
120 magery
100 carto
100 Lockpicking
40 Mining? 40 med? dunno

Would I even need peace? I was thinking of throwing hiding in there instead of peace. Dunno...

For the Fisher I was thinking of doing a necro-mage-scribe fisher.
Template of
110 Magery
110 Med
110 Eval
110 Necro
100 Fishing
100 Inscription
80 Spirit Speak

Would 80 SS not be enough? would I be better doing a 7x GM with GM SS? drop SS entirely? Not to sure... just looking for a little direction! Not gonna worry about LP on the fisher since I'll have it on the Thunter. Another thought I had was maybe a instead of having Necro/SS go with poisoning (since ive got that leveled already on a soulstone). Havnt used poisoning in any template for a long time though, not sure if it would even be effective.

Any input or suggestions would be great! never done a Thunter OR a fisher before so not sure what kind of template works best vs the monsters that spawn and what not!

Thanks a million in advance!

N

Nenime

Wow, you fisher will do some kind of overkill ;) I like having Resist on my Mage Fisher because multiple Water Eles at the same time can be annoying. If you want to use Necromancy as a Mage, I recommend having SS as high as Necro itself. IMO, Poisoning is not very useful in that template. The monsters you will encounter are weaker to energy damage than to poison. Instead of Inscription you could also go for Spellweaving. Gift of Life on sea is a bliss because dying on sea is a mess.

The T-Hunter template is great! I would perhaps replace Peace for Spellweaving because Etheral Voyage is perfect for taking the initial heat off. Mining is nice but at 40 not that helpful, if anything then Medi me thinks.

S

Salty Pete

My fisherman has this template:

99.3 Begging
GM fishing
GM magery
GM eval
GM med
GM hiding
80 stealth
30 focus - I think this will be something else eventually.

With crap armour and halfassing combat this character is a Lord, has been soloing serps and sea creatures for years. You honestly don't need much more than GM magery and eval for fishing.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My T-hunter does quite well with
120 mage
100 lockpick
100 cart
100 disco
100 eval
100 med
100 music
then I jewel up to 120 disco. Combined with a slayer spellbook collection (made by my fisher/mage below) he can solo every level tmap. The 120 disco helps quite a bit though there's still a decent failure rate against the larger beasts without the natural 120 bonus and without the higher music, though I'm very happy with this template!

Where as my fisher/mage...
mage 120
eval 120
med 120
inscript 100
focus 110
fishing 100
resist 50

He's more of a mage (obviously) but I kept fishing on and have no problems with fishing spawn or nets.