• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thumbs up to the devs!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EJ accounts can not use bod books. Wont completely stop bod farming but will certainly hamper it quite a bit! Well done!!
I don't see how any of this restrict the game down to nothing is any good for the game. EJ accounts are going the wrong way.

As for bod farming - who the hell cares? I mean there are 29 shards. If you are a vet with shard shields you can gather 6 characters worth of bods on another shard and once a month xfer it all over to your main shard. Bod farming is not really a thing. Fill a bod get a bod can be done endlessly on a single shard.

Restricting EJ's from using bod books is stupid.

Imagine a player actually trying the game with an EJ account. Can't do this. Can't do that. Can't particpate in this. Log off. Go play another free game where you can actually do things and pay $$ for upgrades. EJ is going to be one of the biggest failures to ever be thought of in this game. And that is saying alot. Of course, this dev team has no concept of F2P games. They are as out-dated as UO. Everyone is so worred about vets somehow abusing them. Doesn't that tell you something?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see how any of this restrict the game down to nothing is any good for the game. EJ accounts are going the wrong way.

As for bod farming - who the hell cares? I mean there are 29 shards. If you are a vet with shard shields you can gather 6 characters worth of bods on another shard and once a month xfer it all over to your main shard. Bod farming is not really a thing. Fill a bod get a bod can be done endlessly on a single shard.

Restricting EJ's from using bod books is stupid.

Imagine a player actually trying the game with an EJ account. Can't do this. Can't do that. Can't particpate in this. Log off. Go play another free game where you can actually do things and pay $$ for upgrades. EJ is going to be one of the biggest failures to ever be thought of in this game. And that is saying alot. Of course, this dev team has no concept of F2P games. They are as out-dated as UO. Everyone is so worred about vets somehow abusing them. Doesn't that tell you something?
Yeah who cares if they kill what little value BODS have.

Btw not to be a richard but how many times have the devs said this isn't a f2p model? Maybe it doesn't match your expectations because your expectations are based on something (f2p) that doesn't represent what they are doing (EJ). UO is not setup to be a f2p. They are trying to entice people to sub. Why would people sub if they get everything they need without paying? Honestly I think the restrictions in place are good and in all honesty wouldn't mind tougher restrictions.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah who cares if they kill what little value BODS have.

Btw not to be a richard but how many times have the devs said this isn't a f2p model? Maybe it doesn't match your expectations because your expectations are based on something (f2p) that doesn't represent what they are doing (EJ). UO is not setup to be a f2p. They are trying to entice people to sub. Why would people sub if they get everything they need without paying? Honestly I think the restrictions in place are good and in all honesty wouldn't mind tougher restrictions.
Ok fine - but what are you supposed to do with your EJ account? You can't do champs to progress your toons through PS. You can't do bods to get rewards to craft a decent suit. You can't gather resources. You can't you can't you can't. You log in, laugh, log out. I'd really love to see how many people actually subscribe to a EJ account. I'll bet it ends up being a really really small amount and mostly Vets opening up old accounts that already play the game. I'll bet the net new players will be low. Logging in to kill mongbats is only going to hold attention for so long.

Seems again like a lot of coding work for not much of anything in terms of value.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok fine - but what are you supposed to do with your EJ account? You can't do champs to progress your toons through PS. You can't do bods to get rewards to craft a decent suit. You can't gather resources. You can't you can't you can't. You log in, laugh, log out. I'd really love to see how many people actually subscribe to a EJ account. I'll bet it ends up being a really really small amount and mostly Vets opening up old accounts that already play the game. I'll bet the net new players will be low. Logging in to kill mongbats is only going to hold attention for so long.

Seems again like a lot of coding work for not much of anything in terms of value.
Any extra revenue goes to EA anyway, so BS has little interest in making it a success. I have little reason to not believe that Mesanna could be that embittered reagrding her relationship with EA. I only hope some EA rep will make adjustments when they see how bloody useless EJ is. But who knows..

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Actually you can do bods just not use the bod books. You can always buy scrolls to scroll out. Could even team up with a non EJ account and just split the scrolls. They can use them just can't get them. Quite honestly I can hunt anything I would normally hunt on my subbed account. You should see how quick swoop drops when you have 3 5 slot warbirds attacking it. If they want storage or to solo spawns then they need to sub.