• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Throwing Weaver Ideas?

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After over 5 years away and re learning so many things. I have decided to dust off my old Thrower.

Goal is to be able to do more single target bosses as opposed to spawns. Things like Scalis or possibly the EM events on my shard. Took him with a couple friends to Scalis the other day and I couldn't hit him to save my life, barely scratched him.

I have the combat skills: 120 Throwing, Tactics, Anatomy. And 120 weaving on a stone. Would a weaving thrower even be something viable, and has anyone had decent success with the template?

I'm hoping some of you could help with template ideas to round it out, as well any different ideas that you may think could work better.

Also, I can do whatever needed gear wise, I just think I should figure out the template before I put gold into getting that completed.

Thanks!

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not too sure what you would get out of spellweaving with what is probably gonna be a max dmg thrower?

Maybe necro for wraith form, spsp for mana leech.......then just chain ai's. That's what I do.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had Spellweaving on an Archer at one point in time, it was an okay build I ultimately was really utilizing SW for only Word of Death, Gift of Life and Gift of Renewal. While it was a semi-effective build, I struggled with mana regeneration - even with a really great suit - and I found myself often wishing the 120 skill points were spent elsewhere until I finally bit the bullet and made the change (to Necro and SS in order to be a "Wraith Archer").

Another problem you will likely run into with a Garg is that you have one less gear spot to utilize to get stats. The tough part is that you ultimately need all three primary stats for this build - Strength, Intelligence and Stamina - and that's difficult to manage without taking a significant hit on other stats or resists.

Good luck!

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not too sure what you would get out of spellweaving with what is probably gonna be a max dmg thrower?

Maybe necro for wraith form, spsp for mana leech.......then just chain ai's. That's what I do.
I had Spellweaving on an Archer at one point in time, it was an okay build I ultimately was really utilizing SW for only Word of Death, Gift of Life and Gift of Renewal. While it was a semi-effective build, I struggled with mana regeneration - even with a really great suit - and I found myself often wishing the 120 skill points were spent elsewhere until I finally bit the bullet and made the change (to Necro and SS in order to be a "Wraith Archer").

Another problem you will likely run into with a Garg is that you have one less gear spot to utilize to get stats. The tough part is that you ultimately need all three primary stats for this build - Strength, Intelligence and Stamina - and that's difficult to manage without taking a significant hit on other stats or resists.

Good luck!
Thank you both for your info. Looks like I was intending on doing the wraith thrower idea a few years back. Had 20 necro for wraith and 80 SS. After hearing your thoughts I may just stick with that concept. Could probably still get weaving in there with the right jewels, but I know I'd only use it for WOD. Probably a waste.

Side question regarding scalis. I know life leech from vamp form doesn't work on him, but does the mana leech from wraith still work? And what about the life leech from curse weapon?

Thanks again.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Side question regarding scalis. I know life leech from vamp form doesn't work on him, but does the mana leech from wraith still work? And what about the life leech from curse weapon?
All forms of life leech (vamp, curse weapon and HLL on weapon) cause tainted life. Wraith forms mana leech does work.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soul Glaive ai's hit for 200+. I wouldnt worry about wod. Exodus takes me 5 mins to complete. One bard toon and the wraith thrower.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All forms of life leech (vamp, curse weapon and HLL on weapon) cause tainted life. Wraith forms mana leech does work.
Great to know. Guess wraith it is. Thanks

Soul Glaive ai's hit for 200+. I wouldnt worry about wod. Exodus takes me 5 mins to complete. One bard toon and the wraith thrower.
Okay then, seems the general consensus is to forget the weaving. I'll go the wraith direction. Thanks for the feedback guys.

So after the 120 throwing, tactics, anatomy and bushido. How do you break up the remaining points into chivalry, necro, and SS?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is my current Wraith Archer:
115 Archery (120 with Despicable Quiver)
120 Tactics
100 Chivalry
105 Spirit Speak
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
080 Focus / Resist Spells

You only need 20 Necromancy to maintain Wraith Form. To Cast, I switch to a separate suit that has Necro on the jewels and spellbook, then switch back to my 210+ stamina suit. I use Human race for this character to get the 20 points from Jack of All trades. By having 105 Spirit Speak, I am leaching back a significant amount of mana so that I can almost endlessly chain AI. I have a another jewel that gets me to 120 SS.

Why Focus / Resist Spells instead of 120 x 6 ? There are certain encounters where I felt Resist Spells was helpful so that I would not have to pause and eat an enchanted apple or cast Remove Curse - atleast not as often. If you're going for max speed, you don't want to get cursed constantly and be below the 210 Stam mark. Other times, I felt Resist wasn't necessary so I swapped it for Focus for a bit better mana and stamina regen. To each their own. This is one of my highest DPS builds, so adjust to include whatever makes game play most comfortable for you.

Obivously you can't run as a human to be a thrower, so you can adjust 20 points into Necro somewhere from that build.

Good luck!

Last edited: