• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] throwing weapons

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so im trying to make a decent wep with mana leech and ssi and all that jazz, but i cant go above low 30's for the mana leech.
stamina leech will go up to 50 as well as some other effects. why does mana leech take the hit?. and then when i imbue ssi it bumps the mana leech lower? is this normal?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Remember ranged weapons potential mana leech is half of what a melee weapons mana leech would be. Base speed and SSI also factor in to affect the potential mana leech for a throwing weapon.

-OBSIDIAN-

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The base 100% intensity of Mana Leech and Life Leech is 50%.
This is modified by the base weapon speed and SSI to display something else.

For example, the Soul Seeker ML mior Artifact originally displayed 40% (80% intensity) in all 3 leeches, before this went into effect. Afterward, the 60% SSI + the relatively fast base speed of a radiant scimitar dropped the displayed amounts of HML & HLL to 30%. The weapon's properties and intensities didn't change, only the displayed amount, due to the changes to how HML & HLL were calculated.

Weapons with a speed of 2s or 2.5s, and high SSI, will display HML & HLL properties (if possessed) no higher than the 30s%, even if 100% intensity.

Some people doing imbuing charts have done tables that show the relationship between base speed, SSI and the displayed leeches, but I can't think of the exact locations at the moment.

J

[JD]

a 30 ssi soul glaive will have a hit mana leech cap of 37%. i usually imbue 33% because it takes no special ingredients.

remember if you accelerate the soul glaive to 1.5s it will be hitting hard and fast like a truck, so you are leeching a lot even if it is 33%