• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] throwing stars and darts macros

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was curious about how to set macros up for throwing stars and darts. I have UOA and have made a macro for one belt to throw a star. I am fine with this I don't want to machine gun them, but I was hoping there was a way to get it to switch belts automactically when the one I am using runs out. As it is now I have to manually retarget a new belt and then after those 10 are out I have to do it again... I tried to get the 'convert to use item type' but it doesn't seem to work. I am a mage also so having 8 separate macros for 8 differnt belts isn't realy doable. So does anyone know how to set up a ninja belt macro that will automatically switch belts when one runs out?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can set it up to use item type, but you have to discard the empty belt after its done.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't tested this as it would mean fiddling about and reloading the belts...an uneccessarily complex procedure imo...*spits*

BUT...I use fukiya with a "use item type" UOA macro and can roll on into the next one when the first is empty with np. I don't think you have to wear the belt to use it. Try making a "use item type" macro using a belt lying in your pack. I'm pretty sure that will work. Wearing the bellt will change the item type description as far as the game is concerned and therefore you wont be able to roll onto the next one the way you would like.

Next decison you have is which poison to apply...it's not as obvious a choice as it might seem...'p

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use parasitic poison for any poisoning i do, it seems to take more cures then the usual 1 chug. Everyone says poison is a wasted skill and I couldn't disargree more, sure bunch of cures pots help, but there are ways around it :D

I'm going to try the darts, so far I have just been re-targetting a new belt everytime one runs out. I have like 6 blessed belts in my guys backpack, so I'm not keen on chucking em on the ground..but I may make new ones to do that. They really should look at how stars and darts are done it extremely tedious and pisses me off everytime I have to click a belt, click a star and rinse and repeat until I get a stack of 10...THEN you unload them and poison them.. just a real pain in the ass. The least they could do is make stars 10 per stack when you make them, mayb 5 for non exceptional..instead of 1 and 2.

Still they are nice to have, so I will suffer threw the horribly tedious process of stacking stars and darts.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They really should look at how stars and darts are done it extremely tedious and pisses me off everytime I have to click a belt, click a star and rinse and repeat until I get a stack of 10...THEN you unload them and poison them.. just a real pain in the ass. The least they could do is make stars 10 per stack when you make them, mayb 5 for non exceptional..instead of 1 and 2.
This one feature in Ultima Online really encourages the use of ******.