• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] throwing sampire/whammy

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been reading a little bit on this idea, and it peaked my interest a little.

What kind of success has anyone had with a template like this? Have you found it better than a high powered sampire, etc etc? I realize it has its own application than say, an ornate axe sampire, but i'm just kind of curious of the power of it.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been reading a little bit on this idea, and it peaked my interest a little.

What kind of success has anyone had with a template like this? Have you found it better than a high powered sampire, etc etc? I realize it has its own application than say, an ornate axe sampire, but i'm just kind of curious of the power of it.
I could see it working better in wraith form than I could in vamp form. That swampy armor really makes a huge difference against heavy hitting mobs.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could see it working better in wraith form than I could in vamp form. That swampy armor really makes a huge difference against heavy hitting mobs.
yea i agree, on my sampire i have a swampy and that 10% all damage eater tunic. on occassion i switch out the tunic for the wall of hungry mouths.

Thing is, it is ranged, and being that you could fit in curse weapon, healing, bleh bleh bleh. I've heard some reports of people soloing slasher, stygian dragon, and etc, with this. But to me, it just kind of seems like a glorified abc archer?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea i agree, on my sampire i have a swampy and that 10% all damage eater tunic. on occassion i switch out the tunic for the wall of hungry mouths.

Thing is, it is ranged, and being that you could fit in curse weapon, healing, bleh bleh bleh. I've heard some reports of people soloing slasher, stygian dragon, and etc, with this. But to me, it just kind of seems like a glorified abc archer?
Ya, glorified ABC that can actually take a hit every now and then.

I've yet to find a reason to not use my sampire.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya, glorified ABC that can actually take a hit every now and then.

I've yet to find a reason to not use my sampire.
are you still running the lumberjack version? i've been toying with the idea of gearing up for the ornate axe, but staying above 180 stam, or getting to 55ssi which would take a big hit on some mods, seems sticky.

i've been swords on mine for a long time, but have been considering switching to macing for god knows what reason. I've been running resist on mine now for a while, as i seem to be doing alot more stuff with high amounts of casting spawn.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you still running the lumberjack version? i've been toying with the idea of gearing up for the ornate axe, but staying above 180 stam, or getting to 55ssi which would take a big hit on some mods, seems sticky.

i've been swords on mine for a long time, but have been considering switching to macing for god knows what reason. I've been running resist on mine now for a while, as i seem to be doing alot more stuff with high amounts of casting spawn.
I change it up. I take LJ off and put resist on for doing the harrower. Same with Niera spawns. I also put resist on for dread horn.

For Rikktor I leave LJ on because I just cross heal on my other account that is protecting, but if I was going to truly 'solo' it I would use daisho and feint/ls.

LJ is really the best for most damage in the shortest time with the AI's.

If I could get my stam to 180 and hit 55 SSI, I would probably go macing and use the hammer pick, because as Lord GOD mentioned it has a higher damage range than a hatchet does with LJ. I suppose it wouldn't be that hard with Divine Fury. I bet you could easily hit 210 dmg AIs and keep resist or parry on, compared to 193 with the hatchet/LJ.

J

[JD]

i thought they nerfed eaters? like its only supposed to work 20 times or something

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i thought they nerfed eaters? like its only supposed to work 20 times or something
dunno, seems to work well for me atleast. it has other useful mods on it too tho, so eh. Side not - im actually looking at taking it out in pursuit of more stamina among other things. Just sucks, because it's 5dci is part of my overall 45 dci.